Home Job Board Travel Counsellors
|Town of Slave Lake
Posted Date: February 12, 2024
Closing Date: February 23, 2024
|Town of Slave Lake
The Town of Slave Lake is looking for enthusiastic individuals to be our Travel Counsellors at the Visitor Information Centre for the 2024 Summer Season. There are two (2) full-time positions and one (1) part-time position available. These are temporary seasonal positions.
The Travel Counsellors serve as ambassadors for the Slake Lake Region and Alberta by promoting experiences, events and destinations within the region and province so that visitors will maximize their enjoyment in Slave Lake Region.
EMPLOYEES THAT REPORT DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide a personalized and exemplary experience for visitors.
• Liaising with local operators and area representatives in a professional manner
• Collecting Data and feedback from visitors
• Ordering, and stocking brochures
• Answering phone calls
• Daily light cleaning
• Additional administrative duties as required.
• This position requires morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend work.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Possession of Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
• Previous customer service experience is an asset
• Current certification in First Aid and CPR is an asset
• Knowledge of the tourism opportunities, events, and activities available in the region
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Word Press and Search Engines
Note: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities required for this position but gives a general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
• Occasional light lifting.
• Long periods of sitting.
• Extensive use of computer and telephone.
• Good lighting, temperature, and noise control.
• May work alone
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your cover letter and resume (ensuring to include the job title in your email subject heading) to:
Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
Applications will be accepted until Friday February 23rd 2024 at 4:00PM MST. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, because of the volume of applications, we will contact only those under consideration. We will review all applications carefully to determine which candidates’ qualifications and experience closely match our requirements.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.