Home Job Board Supervisor, Recreation Infrastructure
|City of St. Albert
Posted Date: September 5, 2023
Closing Date: September 14, 2023
|City of St. Albert
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert’s Recreation and Parks department is recruiting for a Supervisor, Recreation Infrastructure who is responsible for oversight, safety, planning, and supervision of the Recreation Infrastructure business unit. This position is responsible for the leadership and direct supervision of the Recreation Infrastructure Coordinators.
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Infrastructure, the position is responsible for ensuring the operation of facilities are performed with a high regard for the safety of the public users, in compliance with all legislative requirements, in a cost-effective manner, and by employing sound operating and maintenance and asset management practices.
In consultation with the Manager, Recreation Infrastructure, the Supervisor will establish goals and objectives for the Recreation Infrastructure business unit. Make recommendations and implement medium and short- term plans/strategies related to facility operations, maintenance and asset management.
The role is also responsible for developing and monitoring the annual budgets for relevant cost centres and makes recommendations to the Manager regarding potential budget changes. Along with implementation of strategic and business plans for the business unit.
• A Degree in a related Engineering discipline combined with 5 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
• A similar post-secondary two-year diploma or Journeyperson Trade Ticket in HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical and 7 years related experience including supervisory experience.
• Facility operations and maintenance experience, including experience with planning and implementing preventative and lifecycle maintenance programs
• Working knowledge of building equipment including pool filter systems and pumps, HVAC Equipment, Building Control, Fire Alarm and Boiler systems
• BOMA, ASET, Trade Organization or Alberta Association of Recreation Facility Personnel would be an asset.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, databases, direct digital control systems, computerized maintenance management software and asset management technology is preferred.
• Applicants must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
HOURS OF WORK
Compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, with a regular day off [RDO} every two weeks). The incumbent is occasionally required to be available on evenings and weekends to provide support and troubleshooting in case of emergency or to meet operational needs.
$88,994 – $109,530 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employmen
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.