Home Job Board Supervisor, Aquatics
Posted Date: May 24, 2023
Closing Date: June 24, 2023
|Contact||Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo|
The Supervisor provides exceptional service and support to oversee and manage scheduling of approximately eighty aquatic staff in order to ensure operational needs are met and team members are fully utilized at the Syncrude Aquatic Centre. The Supervisor is a people-oriented supervisor who effectively coaches, mentors and motivates staff. Ensure procedures, performance and safety standards are met.
• Coordinates, supervises and oversees the day-to-day operations of the aquatic centre.
• Prepare all work schedules for employees making sure adequate coverage is maintained at all times the aquatic centre is open.
• Report and record hours, days and time worked for all employees through When to Work and Payworks.
• Ensures accuracy of time card entries each pay period prior to final payroll submission.
• Ensures that all new and revised scheduling information is consistently distributed to all employees through When to Work as well as to the management group.
• Review and approve all time off requests and vacation schedules.
• Ability to interpret local union agreements and effectively deal with any concerns or problems.
• Ability to speak effectively in public and express ideas effectively in verbal or written form.
• Participates in the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of new team members.
• Provide feedback on staff probation reviews and yearly reviews.
• Monitors the safety of all activities and programs and responds immediately to rectify any safety concerns.
• Responsible for the coordination of all activities at the facility and provides administrative direction. to ensure that rental and program plans are delivered in accordance with the respective schedules, safety standards and that the site is ready for all activities.
• Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of a wide range of aquatics, fitness, recreation, sport and arts and culture programs and services.
• Responsible to research and investigate new trends as it relates to program development and delivery and facility management through the identification of the leisure needs.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the division and section strategic plan; and coordinates, develops and implements short and long range work plans.
• Assist with the coordination and planning of facility maintenance, annual shutdowns and capital improvements.
• Develop and promote responsive relationships with community organizations and customers to ensure efficient facility utilization.
• Knowledge of the principals and practices employed in water safety, lifeguarding and instructing.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures dealing with swimming pool operation, as outlined by relevant acts, bylaws, and policies.
• Knowledge of local government administration.
• Provide effective emergency response, executing proper rescue techniques and providing first aid within the scope of their training.
• Assists Aquatic Manager with policy development and procedure review.
• Consistently demonstrate positive and effective communication skills with staff and proactively share information that is pertinent to the other program areas.
• Creates a work environment that empowers to collaborate to generate and implement new ideas and creative solutions.
• Teach Red Cross and Lifesavings Society aquatic programs as required.
• Assists the Aquatic Manager in operation/staffing of Sonny Flett Aquatic Centre in Fort Chipewyan.
• Assists the Aquatic Manager on special projects, and other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalency.
• Degree or Diploma in Recreation Management or a related discipline, or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum four (4) years of aquatic experience to include a minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role.
• Current Intermediate First Aid (Standard First Aid)/CPR C/AED Certificate
• Valid Lifesaving National Lifeguard
• Valid Lifesaving Swim Instructor
• Valid Lifesaving Instructor.
• Customer service and sales experience is an asset.
• Team building program experience is an asset.
• Pool Operator Certificate Level 1 & Level 2 is an asset.
• Valid Lifesaving National Lifeguard Instructor Certificate is an asset.
• Valid Lifesaving Trainer Certificate is an asset.
• Valid Lifesaving Aquatic Supervisor training Certificate is an asset.
• Valid First Aid Instructor Certificate is an asset.
• Valid Aquatic Fitness Certificate is an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Positive and friendly attitude.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
• Possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently.
• Ability to approach problem solving with creativity and innovation.
• Strong background in aquatic programming.
• Knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices and objectives of community recreation
• Strong background in aquatic services development, community engagement, facilitation and development.
• Demonstrated effective, proactive and creative approaches in the design, development and execution of strategies and implementation plans.
• Demonstrated highly developed partnership and alliance building skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal, supervisory, pool mechanical & maintenance skills, as well as effective Microsoft Office Suite computer skills are all required.
This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Required
Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check
To apply: Please visit our website at http://rrcwb.ca/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.