Home Job Board Summer Programs Coordinator
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: February 27, 2023
Closing Date: March 27, 2023
|Contact||City of Beaumont|
The City of Beaumont is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Summer Programs Coordinator to join our Summer Team, working with our Community Programmer to create an exciting summer camp experience for children ages 3-11 years.
• Research, plan, implement and evaluate full and half day summer camps
• Provide supervision and leadership to summer programs staff
• Plan and deliver required staff safety training and orientation components; ensuring safety of staff and camp participants
• Oversee and work within an approved budget
• Purchase and maintain an inventory of supplies for activities, crafts, games, and sports
• Develop and implement marketing strategies for summer camps and programs
• Assist the Community Programmer in the various Human Resources tasks in accordance with administrative policies and provincial legislation
• Use Intelligenz (registration software) for class list preparation
• Ensure that the Summer Programs demonstrates a positive representation of the City of Beaumont
• Coordinate and communicate with contractors
• Communication with parents/guardians of campers
• Provide updates and final report to Community Programmer
• Assist with other Recreation events and programming
• Preference will be given to students currently attending or finishing post-secondary education in Recreation, Education, Child-Care or a related field
• Previous experience supervising and managing staff and volunteers
• Experience with program planning and delivery of children’s programs; (preferably in a camp setting)
• Highly energetic, enthusiastic and creative
• Strong leadership skills and exceptional communication skills including: customer service, conflict resolution and problem-solving
• Ability to build and maintain positive relations with staff, parents, and children
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Current First Aid & CPR (or willingness to acquire at own cost)
• Class 5 Driver’s License
• Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child Intervention
This position requires working up to 40 hours/week, for 16 weeks (May 8 – August 31, 2023), with a remuneration of $19.38/hour.
Hire is dependent upon a Criminal Record Check, with Vulnerable Sector and Child Intervention Record Check satisfactory to the City of Beaumont.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume, indicating the competition number 23-15 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.