Home Job Board Skating Instructor – Contract
Posted Date: November 3, 2023
Closing Date: December 3, 2023
|Contact||Vivo for Healthier Generations|
At Vivo we’re on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
Reports to: Sport Coordinator
Hours per week: Contract
Schedule: Able to commit to at least one of the following shifts for a full 10-week session each season (winter, spring, etc.)
– Tuesday – 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
– Thursday – 4:00 pm to 7:15 pm
– Saturday – 10:45 am to 1:15 pm
– Conduct group and private ice skating lessons for various age groups and skill levels
– Create lesson plans tailored to the needs and abilities of each student
– Provide constructive feedback and encouragement to help students improve their skating abilities
– Promote a safe and positive learning environment, emphasizing proper techniques and safety precautions
– Monitor and assess the progress of each student, adjusting instruction as necessary
– Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with students, parents, and staff
– Ownership of instruction, lesson set-up, lesson plan implementation, attendance taking, and use of equipment and teaching aids
– Proficient ice skating skills and a strong understanding of skating techniques
– Current Intermediate First Aid (Formerly known as Standard First Aid) and CPR-C/AED certifications
– Police Information Clearance with Vulnerable Sectors Search within the past 3 months
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Patient, encouraging, and able to motivate students of all ages
– Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
– Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and performance
– Access to Vivo facilities and resources
– Opportunities for professional development and training
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume using the link below.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.