Home Job Board Seasonal Labourer (x13)
|Town of Morinville
Posted Date: January 18, 2024
Closing Date: January 31, 2024
|Town of Morinville
Temporary Full-Time (13 Positions)
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is actively recruiting 13 temporary full-time Seasonal Labourers to join our Infrastructure Services team. Reporting to a Team Lead, this position offers the opportunity to work outdoors assisting with the general maintenance and operations of the Town of Morinville sidewalks, roads, parks, sports fields, and green spaces.
• Perform maintenance and landscaping on Town owned parks and sports fields including grass cutting, watering and planting Town flowerpots and beds, weed control, trail system maintenance, collection of refuse in parks, walkways, and green spaces, sports field line painting and shale floating as well as assisting with preparations for special events.
• Perform equipment maintenance by completing daily maintenance checks and reports on equipment (includes reporting any malfunctions or repairs required), washing and cleaning equipment as well as weekly servicing of the equipment.
• Perform maintenance on roads and sidewalks (crack sealing, pothole filling, etc.) as well as traffic control maintenance and support (i.e. Line painting, sign installation, etc.).
• Assess, document, and prepare condition assessments on road and sidewalk conditions within the Town.
• Participate in hazard assessments, worksite inspections, incident investigations, and attend safety meetings.
• Participate in a rotating on-call schedule as required.
• Other general physical labour duties as assigned.
• A valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License is required.
• Completion of Grade 11 (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
• Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks including heavy lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing (work is performed with exposure to outdoor elements).
• Dedication to excellence in customer service (internal and external).
• Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and the public.
• Good functioning reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
• Knowledge and previous experience related to municipal maintenance operations is an asset.
• Shifts may vary and this position may be required to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract Consent as a condition of employment.
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant program and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility:
• applicants must be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (foreign students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Compensation/Hours of Work: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) and has a wage rate starting at $20.26 per hour based on a 40-hour work week. The term of work is expected to be from May to August 2024, however, may adjust depending on operational requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 31, 2024, at 12:00pm (noon)
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202405-SL” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.