Home Job Board Recreation Programmer
|Town of Morinville
Posted Date: March 29, 2023
Closing Date: April 11, 2023
|Town of Morinville
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
We are seeking a temporary full-time Recreation Programmer to provide support to the Events and Programs Coordinator by assisting with community events and direct program delivery for the summer recreation program at various Town of Morinville playgrounds and park areas. The term of this position will be May 8 through August 25, 2023, based upon operational requirements.
• Develop and deliver the Travelling Summer Adventure program.
• Assist the Events and Programs Coordinator and Community Development Supervisor with recreation and culture events.
• Develop youth programs that have social service and recreation outcomes.
• Maintain all supplies and equipment required for programs and manage an inventory list.
• Work closely with Corporate Communications with event and program promotion.
• Conduct program evaluations and surveys to ensure programs are meeting desired outcomes.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and prepare weekly and end of term reports.
• Support the Recreation Leader on the Summer Travelling Adventure days.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
• Other related duties as required.
• Attending post-secondary education in Recreation, Kinesiology, Education, or related field.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
• Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate is required.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required, access to a vehicle is an asset.
• High Five training is an asset.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract.
Compensation/Hours of Work:
$19.00 -$21.00 per hour. The term of this summer position will be approximately May 8 to August 25, 2023. Hours of work are based on a 35-hour work week.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, by 12pm (noon)
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202314-RP” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.