Home Job Board Recreation Leader
|Town of Morinville
Posted Date: March 29, 2023
Closing Date: April 11, 2023
|Town of Morinville
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a temporary part-time Recreation Leader to support the Summer Travelling Adventure Program through direct programming in collaboration with the Recreation Programmer at various playgrounds and parks within the Town of Morinville. The term of this position will be July 4 to August 25, 2023.
• Support the Events and Programs Coordinator with the delivery of the Travelling Summer Adventure program.
• Collaboration with the Events and Programs Coordinator to complete weekly and end of term stats and reports.
• Maintain all supplies and equipment required for programs and manage an inventory list.
• Conduct program evaluations and surveys to ensure program are meeting the outcomes.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
• Complete Occupational Health & Safety related documentation as required.
• Actively plan work tasks in accordance with Town hazard assessment processes.
• Other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma is required.
• Attending post-secondary education in Recreation, Kinesiology, Education, or related field is considered an asset.
• Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate is required.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required, access to a vehicle is an asset.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
• High Five training is an asset.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract.
Compensation/Hours of Work:
$17.00 -$19.00 per hour. This is position will be required to work 14 hours per week (Tuesday’s & Thursday’s) for a 6-week period, July 4 to August 25, 2023.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023, by 12pm (noon)
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202315-RL” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.