Home Job Board Recreation Leader 2
|City of St. Albert
Posted Date: February 24, 2023
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
|City of St. Albert
The Recreation & Parks department is looking forward to another great year of Cruisin’ Clubhouse and Roaming Rec Crew engaging the community with recreational activities in local parks, playgrounds and on the 100km of trails throughout the City.
The Roaming Rec Crew is an active team of 2-3 Recreation Leaders travelling by foot or by bicycle on City trails and sidewalks spontaneously engaging with residents at public outdoor parks, playgrounds, trails, and green spaces in St. Albert. They promote community connection, free play, nature play, and being physically active through various outdoor activities.
The Cruisin’ Clubhouse is a community staple of drop-in play activities for children 3-12Y at 10 different playgrounds each week. This team of 2 will drive the Cruisin’ Van to a morning location and then to an afternoon location each day with sport and activity equipment and crafts they have planned with weekly themes.
The team is currently seeking energetic and motivated individuals to inspire recreation in the community through the Roaming Rec Crew and Cruisin’ Clubhouse programs. Our programs incorporate skill development through structured and unstructured primarily outdoor recreation activities. Leaders are paired together and responsible for planning and implementing the activities with the children.
Please visit our website www.servusplace.ca for more information on our programs.
HOURS OF WORK
• Weekday shifts (up to 44 hours per week).
• Summer employment term is June 28 – August 29, 2023, including Canada Day.
• Shifts are also available in May and June 2023.
• Standard First Aid/CPR-C with AED certification is required
• Experience planning, leading and supervising activities with children
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are necessary to address and resolve customer inquiries and concerns
• Applicants must possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• HIGH FIVE ®PHCD and/or Sport Certifications and NCCP FMS Certification are an asset
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License and clear abstract for driving the Cruisin’ Van
These positions are in receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding and therefore to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria outlined by the Canada Summer Jobs program:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Open Until Filled
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.