Home Job Board Recreation Leader 1 & 2 – Day Camp
|City of St. Albert
Posted Date: February 24, 2023
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
|City of St. Albert
The Recreation & Parks department is looking forward to another great year of Spring Break and Summer Day Camps; delivering 88 day camps to over 1600 children ages 3 – 12 in July and August. Children’s Festival (June) and Canada Day events are also supported by Recreation Leaders.
The team is currently seeking talented and motivated individuals to develop and lead fun, safe, and inclusive day camps at Servus Place, City of St. Albert clubhouses, and various outdoor park and playground spaces throughout the City.
We are seeking leaders who have experience and are interested in activities such as sports, biking, wizardry, cooking/baking, skating, archery, art/ crafts, preschool-aged activities, and outdoor recreation. Our leaders are paired with camps based on availability and activity interest.
Our programs incorporate age and stage appropriate skill development through structured and unstructured recreation activities. Leaders are paired together and are responsible for planning and implementing the activities.
Please visit our website www.servusplace.ca for more information on our programs.
Starting at $15.37- $19.63 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
HOURS OF WORK
• Spring Break Camps are from March 27 – 31, 2023.
• Children’s Festival shifts May 30 – June 4, 2023.
• Weekday shifts (up to 44 hours per week).
• Summer employment term is June 26 – August 29, 2023, including Canada Day.
• Standard First Aid/CPR-C with AED certification is required
• Experience planning, leading and supervising activities with children
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are necessary to address and resolve customer inquiries and concerns
• Applicants must possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• HIGH FIVE ®PHCD and/or Sport Certifications and NCCP FMS Certification are an asset
These positions are in receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding and therefore to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria outlined by the Canada Summer Jobs program:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection act for the duration of the employment and,
• Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Open Until Filled
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.