Home Job Board Recreation Attendant
|Town of Redwater||
Posted Date: February 13, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
|Address||Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0|
The Town of Redwater is a progressive and action-oriented municipality that is poised for significant growth. Located just 5 minutes north of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland and 35 minutes northeast of Edmonton, Redwater offers many benefits of a rural lifestyle but with immediate access to all urban amenities. This full-service community provides excellent recreation, culture, education, and health care services to area residents. Please visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
Our team is seeking a Recreation Attendant to monitor our seasonal fieldhouse offering 3 sport courts for drop-in recreational use. Reporting directly to the Community Services Supervisor or designate, duties include but are not limited to:
• Monitoring drop-in facility activities for children and youth, families, adults, and seniors.
• Positive role model promoting and enforcing inclusive behavior ensuring all users have fun and feel safe.
• Collecting facility usage statistics and suggestion box submissions.
• Signing in participants and informing them of facility rules.
• Equipment sign in/out, organization, cleaning of space/equipment, inspection, and activity set up/take down.
• Customer service including conflict resolution elevating to supervisor as needed.
• Work in a team environment to support recreation programs, events, operations, and communication.
• Provide suggestions for procedures or programs to enhance space.
• Supervise youth volunteers and leaders in training (LIT) with support from recreation coordinator and recreation programmer.
• Other duties as directed by Community Services Supervisor.
• Must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old for Canada Summer Jobs employment opportunity.
• Training and/or previous experience working with children and youth would be an asset.
• Knowledge of sport rules such as basketball, floor hockey, badminton, pickleball, dodgeball, etc.
• Strong customer service, team building, and problem-solving skills are required.
• Strong organizational and computer skills are required.
• First Aid/CPR certification and knowledge of WHMIS would be an asset.
• Interest in pursuing a college or university degree/diploma in a human services program i.e. recreation, social work, education is desirable.
A detailed position description is available on our website: www.redwater.ca
Apply Before: March 31, 2023.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resumé to:
Jennifer Edworthy, Community Services Supervisor
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Ph: (780)942-4101 Fax: (780)942-4415
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.