Home Job Board Recreation Attendant
|City of Wetaskiwin||
Posted Date: August 4, 2023
Closing Date: September 30, 2023
|Contact||City of Wetaskiwin|
• Provide exceptional customer service with the ability to problem solve and respond to any concerns or issues.
• Communicate effectively with members of the public, users, and other employees.
• Monitor the safety of customers and patrons.
• Perform scheduled facility maintenance and custodial duties.
• Perform and support event/program set-up and tear-down in various facilities.
• Provide manual labour duties related to maintaining ice/equipment and sports fields.
• Ability to safely operate mechanized equipment of moderate complexity: ice resurfacing machine, Kubota all-terrain vehicle, skid steer etc.
• Complete routine building checks.
• Assist with other facility functions as necessary.
• Full cooperation with all aspects of the City’s Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy and program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
Education, Qualifications, and Work Experience
• 1 year of previous labour experience preferably in an arena or recreation setting.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
• Arena Operator Level 1 & Parks and Sport Fields Level 1 Certification(s) would be considered assets.
• First Aid Certification is an asset.
• Previous mechanized equipment experience is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures and environmental conditions.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
• Responsible, accountable, and demonstrates integrity.
• Possess a self-starting attitude and the ability to work well independently with little supervision and in a team environment.
• Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs.).
• Ability to work shift work including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to provide a Drivers Abstract that demonstrates safe and responsible driving behavior.
• Must be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
Application deadline: This job posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
How to apply: Please email your resumé and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.