Home Job Board Programs Assistant
|Town of Okotoks
Posted Date: September 5, 2023
Closing Date: September 10, 2023
|Town of Okotoks
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the
community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service. The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution”, which empower employees to focus on organizational outcomes and support a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Assistant Programmer to join our team. Reporting to the Recreation Manager, the Assistant Programmer is responsible for:
– Assisting in developing, implementing, and day to day operation of meaningful programs and activities on a year round basis for children, youth, adults or a combination of those.
– Providing assistance in supervising participants ranging from kindergarten to adult.
– Assisting the Programs team as a whole by working collaboratively in provision of service to the public.
– Providing exceptional customer service and interpret policies and procedures to parents/caregivers. Act as a positive role model while mentoring participants and volunteers.
– Providing assistance with day to day operation of Youth Centre, any other programming relating to youth and day to day operation of adult programming
– Following attendance/security procedures, maintain a clean/safe environment per regulation and licensing standards, and maintaining accurate records and stats for these.
– Assisting where needed, all activities associated with Programs & Events business centre; particularly events (Light Up Okotoks, Chilifest, Children’s Parade, etc.).
What You Bring:
– Equivalent to completion of a diploma training program at a College or Technical school. It requires an ability to understand, utilize and communicate specialized information in speech and written text. This specialized training is often formalized and recognized by a diploma or licence such as Early Learning and Child Care Certificate, 2-year Educational Assistant Diploma, or Social Work Diploma or other 2 year post-secondary education considered equivalent or ability to obtain.
– Level 2 Early Childhood Educator certification is required. Level 2 Early Childhood Educator certification is determined by Alberta Child Care Staff Certification Office and usually requires previously mentioned post-secondary education to be considered.
– One (1) or more years of directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning, a preference will be given to those with a combination of education and experience
– Standard First Aid/CPR is required
– Possess knowledge of Early Learning & Child Care Act and Early Learning & Child Care Regulations is required
– Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills are required
– Moving/lifting equipment weighing up to 30 lbs (set up and take down)
– The ability to participate in recreational or sport activities such as skating or swimming as per program content is required.
– The ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, shift work and split shifts as required
– Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills required
– Previous experience working with low-income families and culturally and/or physically diverse populations will be considered an asset.
What We Offer:
– Competitive Salary
– Comprehensive benefits
– Career development
– Flexible work schedule
– So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position
Apply Here: https://www.okotoks.ca/careers/job-postings/assistant-programmer-site-0
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.