Home Job Board Parks Programs Assistant (ID: 48282)
|City of Edmonton
Posted Date: December 5, 2023
Closing Date: December 18, 2023
Parks Programs Assistant Up to 11 months
Job Number: 48282
Looking for a great place to work? A place where our culture means safety, respect, quality and excellence, and putting our customers’ interests ahead of our own? Then think City of Edmonton – City Operations.
We strive to help our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth and provides continuous opportunities for development.
The Operations Program Delivery and Partnerships team is looking to hire up to 6 Program Assistants to provide support to associated programs. These programs may include Front Yards in Bloom, Community Gardens, Partners in Parks, City Farms, and Benchmark.
Key responsibilities may include:
– Assisting with online and print media communication tools for program information
– Interacting with the public through volunteer programs and events
– Responding to phone and email inquiries
– Completing visits and resource deliveries to program sites
– Assisting with mapping of program sites using ArcGIS and/or Google MyMaps
-Maintaining materials and equipment used for program delivery
– File management
– Volunteer management, including recruitment, training, communications, supply distribution, program logistics and recognition activities
– Assisting in the assessment of overall program effectiveness
– Tracking program statistics
– Assisting with public engagement
– Creating social media and newsletter content
– Supporting other programs as required
– Enrolled in a post secondary program (diploma or degree)
– Degree and/or diploma program in environmental sciences/studies, forestry, agriculture, horticulture, botany, biological sciences, recreation, education, leisure, physical education, business, or related field is an asset
– Experience delivering/presenting educational and/or recreational programs is an asset
– Experience working in customer service, or with volunteers and/or the general public is a requirement
– Previous supervisory experience will be considered an asset
– Experience using mapping software, particularly ArcGIS is an asset
– Experience using Google Applications
– Experience creating social media content is an asset
– Possession of valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C or the ability to obtain
– Strong written, oral, presentation and web-based communication skills
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
– Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
– Hire is dependent on a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton. There may be a cost associated with this requirement
– Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license (or provincial equivalent). Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver’s permit is a requirement of this position
– Must arrange own transportation to be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy which may require business auto insurance
– Applicants may be tested
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact Employment@edmonton.ca
Up to 6 temporary full-time position for up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Must be available for: occasional weekend, morning, afternoon and evening work depending on operational requirements.
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary Range: $20.594 – $25.448 (Hourly)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: AW/SG
Classification Title: Recreation Technician II-8hrs
Posting Date: Dec 4, 2023
Closing Date: Dec 18, 2023 11:59:00 PM (MST)
Number of Openings (up to): 6 – Temporary Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: Parks and Roads Services
Work Location(s): Coronation Yard, 14323 – 115 Ave Edmonton T5M 3B8
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.