Home Job Board Panorama Play Ambassador
|City of Calgary||
Posted Date: March 21, 2023
Closing Date: May 8, 2023
|Contact||Northstar Residents Association Ltd.|
The Northstar Residents Association Ltd. (NSRA), is a non-profit organization, managed by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed by passionate employees, who act as stewards of the community, maintaining a variety of amenities and features, including the Panorama Hills Community Centre.
The NSRA Panorama Play Ambassador is a detailed oriented, driven, outgoing and integral part of the NSRA Team. This role is designed to bring memory makers, skill builders, connection creators and play people, into Panorama Hills to add value and build community for all our families and members.
• Engage with all Members and Associate Members as they arrive either onsite at the PHCC or at off site locations
• Engage with all Members and Associate Members at the Panorama Hills Play Hub locations
• Develop solutions and adapt activities on the go, setting appropriate priorities to meet the needs of all participants.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Excellent communication skills – Communicate with all parents, staff, volunteers, and participants effectively during Panorama Hills Play Times
• Create simple activities using a variety of materials
• Complete paperwork and ensure proper filing procedures are followed.
• Ability to work independently in Panorama Hills parks
• Provide tours to new members and accurate information regarding the facility, programs, events and membership privileges
• Offer and provide assistance to members
• Monitoring outdoor washrooms
• Perform park patrols as required
• General cleaning
• Complete Play Ambassador Training
• Preference will be given to those in Child or Youth programs at secondary education.
• Minimum 17 years of age
• Ability to get to various sites in Panorama Hills on your own
• Valid Standard First Aid with Level C CPR and AED
• Police security clearance with vulnerability search
• Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
• Energetic and outgoing
• Must be able to work flexible hours as required.
• You will be working outdoors full time.
Employment Term: Seasonal Full Time: 32 Hours per week May to September 2023
Hours: Varying shifts between 9:00AM and 9:00PM, 7 days a week
How to Apply
If you think you have what it takes to be an energetic, creative and engaging Panorama Play Ambassador at the Panorama Hills Community Centre, please send us your resume and cover letter. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 4:00PM, on Friday, May 8, 2023.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.