Home Job Board Operator (KNRRC) 6 Month Term
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: April 28, 2023
Closing Date: May 12, 2023
|Contact||City of Beaumont|
Are you someone who enjoys working with their hands; are a self-motivated, excellent juggler of multiple priorities; are passionate about ensuring building operations run smoothly; think analytically, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment; appreciate a good team environment AND love to have fun? Then this is the role for you!
We are looking for an Operator to fill a 6-month term with possibility of extension. Reporting to the Team Lead, the Operator is responsible for daily preventative and ongoing maintenance, performing repairs, and the smooth operation of the Ken Nichol Regional Recreation Centre (KNRRC). Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in arena, aquatics, and facility maintenance, and someone who has the ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to guests, patrons, and the entire team.
What YOU’RE Responsible for:
• Do minor repairs in and around the facilities
• Keep the facility clean and tidy
• Maintain fitness equipment
• Perform monthly building preventative maintenance
• Maintain Field turf
• Maintain and repair pool components
• Maintain equipment such as sweeper, snow blower, leave blower, power edger, Zamboni, golf cart
• Make artificial ice surface including ice markings for required sport such as hockey and ringette
• Maintain ice by resurfacing, shaving, and building ice up to safe thickness
• Provide documentation on ice thickness, board and glass inspections and ice plant readings
• Daily pool water testing and adjustments
• Set up gymnasium as per booking/activities
• Set up meetings as per booking and needs
• Set up various events organized by the city of Beaumont
• Assist set up for various sport tournaments
• Provide assistance to meet customers’ needs
• Keep facility entrances, emergency exits, and walkways clear of ice and snow.
What YOU Bring:
• High School Diploma or GED and at least 18 years of age
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• Previous experience operating equipment
• Arena Operator 1-2 or Pool Operator 1-2 or Building Maintenance 1-2 Certification
• Current Standard First Aid w/AED
• Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
What abilities WE expect YOU to have:
• Meet the shift requirements; shifts will include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
• Demonstrate your experience facility maintenance and equipment operation
• Work in all weather conditions; shifts involve indoor and some outdoor work
• Lift heavy equipment and materials up to 23 kg
• Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector
• Provide a Driver’s Abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behavior
• Communicate effectively and work as part of a team
What WE Offer:
This 6-month term with the possibility of extension offers a rate of $29.93 – $39.06 per hour (starting wage is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), and up to 40-hours per week. Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document, indicating the competition number 23-37. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Apply online here.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.