Home Job Board Officer, Business Development & Tourism
|City of Swift Current||
Posted Date: March 31, 2023
Closing Date: April 13, 2023
|Contact||City of Swift Current|
The City of Swift Current, where “Life Makes Sense,” is a dynamic City of approximately 16,500 people and is the major population centre for southwest Saskatchewan. The real strength of our City is our people.
The fifth largest City in Saskatchewan, Swift Current is proud to boast a vibrant downtown business core, two large shopping malls and a variety of other stores and businesses. Located along the Trans Canada Highway between Medicine Hat and Regina, Swift Current’s footprint has 19% green space with an array of parks, golf courses and open spaces.
Home to the Cypress Regional Hospital and other various care centers, Swift Current is a safe community, housing two RCMP Detachments within the City, one for the City and one for the surrounding rural areas. People feel safe here and are able to enjoy the friendly small-town atmosphere within a thriving active urban setting.
Purpose of the position:
• Develop and implement a business retention, expansion, and attraction plan;
• Develop and implement programs and activities to support tourism;
• Work Closely with industry-supporting organizations;
• Manage projects relative to economic development & tourism;
• Create positive, long-term relationships with local stakeholders; and
• Promote Swift Current events and economic initiatives.
The person we desire:
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and personal commitment to bringing ideas and action plans to life;
• Have a keen eye for community engagement and enjoy working with community organizations;
• A team player who can work independently and is connected to the Saskatchewan Economic Development community;
• Excels in relationship building, with a focus on collaborating with local business to help grow Swift Current;
• Creative thinker that can adapt with the ever-changing business environment;
• A self starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required;
• Exceptional time management, organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
• A person that has the ability to make the Team better – be collaborative, build trust, communicate openly and honestly, listen, and learn from others.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to economic development, such as business administration, marketing, economics, business management, hospitality, and tourism with 3 years of practical experience;
• A combination of work and experience may be considered;
• Designation as a Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D.) would be an asset; and
• A strong understanding and experience in budgeting.
Salary will be based on qualifications & experience. The City of Swift Current offers a competitive benefits package and pension plan. Applications for this Position will be open until Tuesday, April 18th at 4:30 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.