Home Job Board Office Manager (Ever Active Schools)
|City of Edmonton||
Posted Date: July 10, 2023
Closing Date: July 18, 2023
|Contact||Ever Active Schools|
Job Title: Office Manager
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: Starting from $56,350; commensurate with qualifications and related experience
Hours of Work: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (37.5 working hours per week)
Start Date: July 31, 2023
Location: Edmonton, AB
Ever Active Schools (EAS) is a registered national charity based in Alberta that is designed to assist schools in creating and sustaining healthy school communities. EAS contributes to the healthy development of children and youth by fostering social and physical environments that support the health and learning outcomes of students. We are an innovation-forward social impact organization that is passionate about well-being, and it shows in all we do! We’re committed to creating environments that support health, learning, and growth because that’s the type of place we want to live and work in. We value relationships – our work begins as collaborators, is built as partners and continues in friendship. We show up for each other and our communities, act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We recognize, value and celebrate diverse abilities, identities, cultures and ways of knowing. We don’t know all of the answers but we’re listening, learning and growing. We’re biased, but we think you’ll like working here too.
EAS is looking for an authentic, enthusiastic and organized person to provide administrative support to our interdisciplinary staff. The successful candidate will build and maintain relationships with our stakeholders and keep our fast-paced offices running smoothly. Reporting to the Assistant Director, this position will contribute to the collective work across the organization.
– Greeting stakeholders and partners, answering phones, booking school visits, and travel arrangements
– Supporting EAS in the overall work of advancing healthy school communities in Alberta
– Maintaining office inventory, including resources and supplies
– Working closely with HR and Finance personnel to facilitate operational needs
– Approving staff expense reports and timesheets
– Coordinating events including registration, communication, invoicing, receipts and reporting
– Assisting staff with customer, school and partner follow-up or evaluations as needed, including appropriate data entry, and reporting support
– Attending and keeping records of staff and partner meetings including occasional minute-taking/transcription
– Representing EAS at resource booths and display opportunities including planning, attending and EAS resource sales or distribution
– Working closely with other administrative staff to coordinate and lead initiatives as required
– Assisting with procurement of services and liaising with key suppliers such as insurance and benefits providers
– Maintaining records in accordance with privacy and policy requirements
– Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team atmosphere;
– Strong planning, organization, communication (oral and written) and customer service skills;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications;
– Demonstrate a high attention to detail;
– Be self-directed, motivated, and willing to learn new skills as needed;
– Demonstrate a commitment to wellness, health, and active living as an essential component of quality education;
– Be willing and able to travel evenings and weekends on occasion to attend key meetings and events (approximately 4-6 times a year);
– An understanding of wellness (health promotion) or education-related work is an asset; and
– Bilingual in both written and spoken French and English is an asset.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Completion of a degree (preferred) or administrative certificate
– A minimum of 3 years administrative/office management experience
– A combination of education and experience may be considered
Ever Active Schools is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, while supporting diversity in its community, school, and work environments; Ever Active Schools encourages qualified applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply for this position.
To apply, please include your cover letter and resume in one document and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. When applying, customize your application with your relevant skills and experience in order to address the job qualifications listed above.
July 18, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to apply. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please note interviews will be held the week of July 24-28.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.