Home Job Board Manager, Recreation, Arts and Culture
|Town of Drumheller
Posted Date: July 4, 2023
Closing Date: July 17, 2023
|Town Of Drumheller
Manager, Recreation, Arts, and Culture (RAC)
There is no place like Drumheller, and we work hard to keep it that way. Drumheller is a major tourism destination, the Dinosaur Capital of the World, and an amazing economic hub for central Alberta. As a municipality, Drumheller not only encompasses the Town of Drumheller, but also the outlying river valley and its communities from Nacmine to East Coulee.
Our team members enjoy short commute times even in rush hour, free parking and the ability to walk or bike to work, going home for a healthy lunch, as well as comprehensive employee health and wellness benefits. We are a talented, diverse, and customer service-focused team that prides itself on transparency along with swift, accurate, and thorough communication. We believe in efficiency and human connection. We believe in growing our talent and investing in continuous learning at all levels of the organization. We value loyalty, commitment to getting it right the first time, and accountability. Our Team is the core of our community, and we believe in providing the best programs and support for our Team Members.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Lead a multi-faceted team across distinct service units, providing guidance, mentorship, and development opportunities.
• Develop positive relationships with various stakeholders, including community members, local businesses, and organizations.
• Conduct market research to gauge trends, identify opportunities, and deliver high-quality products and services that maximize available resources.
• Foster the growth of arts and culture by integrating them into community events and initiatives.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and actively seek professional development opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge.
• Promote opportunities for programming, special events, conference options, and more will be key.
• Facilitate Arts and Culture development will be a strong element in event planning and community enrichment.
• Related post-secondary education is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to establish effective strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to engage stakeholders and build positive relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team.
• Passion for arts, culture, and community development.
The successful candidate will need to relocate to Drumheller. The Manager RAC is located on-site at the BCF.
The Town of Drumheller offers a competitive total compensation package, including a competitive salary of up to $108,701, extended health benefits, a wellness account, and a pension plan. As well as support for Professional Development opportunities.
If you are an experienced leader with a solid business mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for community engagement, we would love to meet you! Join us in creating a vibrant and thriving cultural scene in Drumheller.
Deadline for Applications: Until a suitable candidate is found
Please submit your resume via the CAREERS section on our website.
The Town of Drumheller is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace; all candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are welcome to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To request a copy of the complete job description, please e-mail HR@drumheller.ca
Applications will be accepted until July 17, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.