Home Job Board Lifeguard and Swim Instructor
|Town of Canmore||
Posted Date: September 14, 2023
Closing Date: October 1, 2023
|Contact||Town of Canmore|
The Town of Canmore is currently accepting applications and looking to fill a newly open full-time permanent position as Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor. We are looking for applicants who are passionate about lifeguarding and wanting to make a positive impact in our community!
Position Overview: The Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor position is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with lots of energy, enthusiasm for aquatics, and a positive teamwork attitude. In this role, you will get the opportunity to develop your leadership skills, as you will take the lead to help ensure our guests have both fun and safe experiences. You will meet many diverse and fascinating people in our facility. This includes, being part of and working with a large aquatics team, interacting with local community members, and even interacting with many visitor guests, who come from many different parts of the world. You will be responsible for lifeguarding during our busy public swims, teaching aquatics programs, and performing daily pool checks and maintenance.
Attributes: Possession of the following qualifications and experience will help you to be successful in this role:
• Passionate for Aquatics, both Lifeguarding and Teaching.
• Previous aquatics industry experience and knowledge is preferred.
• A strong willingness to go above and beyond in providing excellent customer service and possess very strong interpersonal skills; as the role requires working with people of all ages and abilities.
• Safety-oriented mindset as ensuring safety is one of the top priorities of this role.
• Current Certifications; National Lifeguard Award (NL), Intermediate First Aid (previously named standard first aid), and Lifesaving Society Swim for Life® Instructor.
• Lifesaving Instructor, Lifesaving First Aid Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, Pool Operator Level 1, aquatic fitness such as CALA Instructor and other aquatic fitness or specialty certifications (i.e., Kayak, Swim Coach) are considered an asset.
Term & Salary: This is a permanent position, working 40 hours/week. Successful applicants will be expected to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. The hiring range for this position is: $23.93 to $26.74. In addition to being a great place to work, the Town of Canmore offers an opportunity for work-life balance, a full benefits package, a Health Spending Account and a generous retirement savings program.
Closing Date for Applications: This posting will remain open until October 1st, 2023.
How to Apply: To apply, please upload your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) and click the “Apply Now” button below. To help us learn more about you, in your cover letter please clearly detail the following:
1.Why do you want to be a Lifeguard/ Swim Instructor with the Town of Canmore?
2.What attitude, training or experience do you have that would make you a great addition to our team?
3. What is your availability to work (weekdays, evenings, weekends)?
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.