Home Job Board Leisure Attendant
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: May 16, 2023
Closing Date: May 29, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a casual Leisure Attendant for our events and bookings department.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Leisure Services Supervisor, you will assist in hosting and facilitating private birthdays or events, and leading and assisting with leisure programs. Leisure programs include monitoring or leading public drop-in sports activities in the Field House, and the many drop-in skate opportunities (i.e. Shinny, public skates, stick & pucks, etc.) on the ice surfaces.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring patrons, spectators and participants of scheduled activities; by maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for everyone using our facility.
• Rental setup and take down, engaging with guests and playing interactive games, as well as taking care of their needs throughout their stay here at the LRC when scheduled as a party host.
• Assist with tracking equipment inventory and providing any required maintenance or cleaning of leisure equipment
This position will also be required to go between worksites; therefore, as part of this position, the use of a personal vehicle is required in performing company business
You are the successful candidate for this position if you have the following:
• Minimum 16 years of age, or older.
• Proficient, competent skater.
• A valid First Aid/CPR certificate.
• Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
• Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check-Vulnerable Sector at own expense.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at:
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on May 29, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.