Home Job Board Landscape/Park Maintenance Foreman/Supervisor
Posted Date: January 8, 2024
Closing Date: March 30, 2024
|Panorama Hills Community Centre (PHCC)
Panorama Hills Residents Association is looking for a self-motivated foreman-supervisor to assist the Maintenance Manager with the overall park-landscape maintenance of the Panorama Hills Community Centre (PHCC) , the community centre park and the Direct Control (DC)sites throughout Panorama Hills Community.
We require a person who has an attitude of quality and excellence and who takes pride in their work and the company they work for. We require a person who enjoys leading and teaching people, can effectively communicate with residents, crews, peers, and management. You must be able to solve problems in real-time, and thrive under the pressure of meeting timelines and budgets.
Hours of Work – The Panorama Hills Community Centre is operational 365 days/year
The Maintenance Foreman-Supervisor a full time permanent position with 40 work hours per week. Due to the 365 day/year operational model of the PHCC, the Maintenance Foreman-Supervisor will be required to work some evenings, and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and maintain Panorama Hills Community Centre Park and Direct Control Sites (DC) throughout Panorama Hills
• Supervise crew members and tasks while being an active member of the crew including disciplinary action when required. Attention to detail and quality control is essential.
• Set expectations for quality and excellence with the landscape crews.
• Train employees in equipment operation and landscape construction best practices; including site grading, and installation of sod, mulch, trees, site furnishings, and hardscape products.
• Complete all landscaping tasks: Hardscape and softscape
• Horticulture knowledge and Arborist knowledge
• Be able to operate a variety of equipment to maintain lawns and grounds (i.e. riding mower, push mower, weed trimmer, hedge trimmer, etc.).
• Preform Equipment maintenance.
• Operate and maintain Water park operations
• Snow Removal and Ice control Duties – including machinery
• Managing contractors
• Managing and updating manuals and processes
• Conform and follow all Safety and OH&S regulations
• Conform to all PHRA regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures
• Be an Ambassador for the PHRA by communicating effectively and courteously to staff and residents.
• Other related duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager
Required Skills – The following skills are necessary for the Maintenance Assistant:
• 3-5 years Landscape experience
• Some experience as a foreman-supervisor
• Ability to take direction, learn and work independently
• Computer and Microsoft Office skills
• Basic mechanical skills. Able to operate machinery and complete minor repairs.
• Class 5 drivers license with Clean drivers abstract and Clean Insurance letter
• Police security clearance with vulnerability search
• Must be able to work flexible hours as required including holidays and weekends
Compensation and Benefits
• Annual Salary – $45,000 to $47,000
• Company Paid Health Benefit Package
• RRSP/TFSA matching program
• Annual Performance Plan Package
• Annual Vacation Package
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.