Home Job Board Junior Lifeguards/Instructors
Posted Date: January 30, 2024
Closing Date: February 14, 2024
Parkland County has temporary, full-time/part-time summer positions available at the Entwistle Community Recreation Center for Junior Lifeguards/Instructors from approximately May to September of 2024. Reporting to the Team Lead, Aquatics & Community Programs, you will:
• Perform lifeguarding functions in accordance with Provincial Standards; including responding to and treating all urgent and non-urgent first aid situations and responding to all emergencies.
• Conduct routine safety inspections; recognizing and preventing hazardous situations. Instruct all programs incorporating effective class management techniques.
• Educate students on proper use of equipment and site-specific behavior.
• Ensure aquatic facility is clean, well maintained and safe for the public and staff.
• Assist with water testing and chemical additions.
• Perform administrative duties including taking admissions, processing course registration, and answering customer inquiries.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
• Standard First Aid with CPR, Level C is required.
• Minimum Lifeguard Certifications:
o National Lifeguard Award
o Oxygen Administration is an asset
• Minimum Instructor Certifications:
o Aquatic Instructor Award
o Lifesaving Instructor would be an asset
• Current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to start of employment, completed at employee’s expense.
• Successful Child Intervention Record Check.
• Experience handling cash is an asset.
• Possess excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
The total rewards package for this position includes:
– An hourly rate of pay of $23.10 based on up to 40 hours per week.
– Parkland County offers a total rewards package including competitive pay aligned with the Collective Agreement of The International Union of Operating Engineers – Local 955, access to our confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program, and 4% vacation pay and 4% statutory holiday pay in addition to your regular earnings. Our organization offers access to physical fitness including an employee on site gym and lunch exercise programs, a Social Club, a mental health committee, and a comprehensive training program with extensive learning and development opportunities. Visit our careers page to view our Total Rewards Package for this position!
Interested Candidates are Invited to Apply Online at careers.parklandcounty.com by Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will only be considered through the Parkland County website.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that welcomes, respects and values the multivariate diversity of current and prospective employees. We strive to provide reasonable access and accommodation throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you have any questions regarding this, please connect with our team at humanresources@parklandcounty.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.