Home Job Board Jr. Lifeguard
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: February 21, 2023
Closing Date: April 4, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer and as such is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. We strive to offer the best aquatic experience, including the best lessons, safest swims, and cleanest facilities. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a casual Junior Lifeguard at our Leduc Recreation Centre and Alexandra Outdoor Pool (May – September).
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Aquatic Supervisor on duty, this position is responsible for providing a safe, enjoyable aquatic experience for facility users. This is achieved through active safety supervision, incident prevention and emergency response while lifeguarding as well as providing high quality instruction for a wide variety of aquatic programs. Spend your working hours in a tropical climate, living an active lifestyle and having a ton of fun!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lifeguard for children, youth and/or adults, schools, and other community-based groups
• Prevent injuries by providing public education, enforcing safety rules and regulations, and recognizing and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency
• Recognize and respond to incidents requiring first aid or other safety-related concerns
• Maintain a clean and safe environment in and around the water for users by conducting maintenance every shift
• Conduct Swim Test Evaluations for patrons
• Work with your team and supervisors to remain current on operational procedures, first aid, and rescue skills
• Provide users with the highest quality of customer service and create a valuable and positive experience
• Maintain a positive attitude and always portray a professional image when dealing with the public
Qualifications:• At least 16 years of age
• A positive and energetic personality who is hard working and team-oriented
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking and efficiently prioritizing workload
• A passion for working with kids and helping our patrons live a healthy lifestyle
• A commitment to ongoing learning and skill development, including the ability to complete monthly fitness and knowledge skills tests, attend all required training and in-service sessions and complete additional courses or certifications as required
• Candidates 18 years of age must provide a current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to start of employment, completed at employee’s expense.
• Candidates 18 years of age must provide a current Successful Child Intervention Record Check.
• National Lifeguard
• Standard First Aid with CPR C or Aquatic Emergency Care
• Certifications Considered an Asset: Oxygen Administration
• Junior Lifeguards are needed to fill a variety of shifts and must be available to work a flexible schedule, including a variety of morning, mid-day, evening, and weekend shifts
• Must commit availability to work at least one evening shift and one-weekend shift per week
• The number of hours of work per week may vary based on operational needs and cannot always be projected
• Must be flexible to attend training sessions outside of typical work week hours, as required
• An additional $1.00/hr. shift premium for hours worked before 7:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. daily
• Annual deck footwear allowance
• Free annual LRC membership
• Paid training and recertification (time and course fees)
• Opportunities to learn and grow within the organization
• A dynamic, fun, fast-paced work environment
Join our Team!
Come and be a part of an energetic team where we work together to have fun and provide the best aquatic experience for our patrons. If you are a positive, customer-focused individual, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM(MT) on April 4, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.