Home Job Board Guest Services Lead – Full time or Part time
|City of Calgary
Posted Date: September 5, 2023
Closing Date: September 15, 2023
|City of Calgary (Vivo for Healthier Generations Society)
Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to raise healthier generations by empowering Canadians to achieve their optimal health whether they’re at home, school, work or in the community with us.
The Vivo for Healthier Generations Society operates a Research and Innovation Lab and Centre for Community Wellbeing, Recreation and Sport in the heart of north-central Calgary where we work with our community and partners to support them in living a healthier life
Our roots began as a regional recreation center in North Central Calgary. Over 16 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to be more active and socially connected. In 2023, we are launching 117,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces, which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social research and innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to cover operating budgets, transfers to reserves for capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our upcoming expansion.
As a key member of the Guest Services Team, you will be responsible for ensuring all front-line team members are supported during the evenings and weekends when the Operational Leadership Team may not be on site. As an advocate for Vivo, you will be responsible for delivering an amazing guest experience for all customers and team members. You are knowledgeable, empathetic, and ready to help. You are adaptable, willing to learn, and explore new opportunities that align with our cause.
The Guest Services Leads are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the team during their shifts. The role provides consistent leadership support to the frontline team, ensuring the highest order of operational excellence and accountability and acts as a champion of exceptional customer experiences supporting organizational sustainability.
Job Type: Part time or Full time
Hours: This role will be Monday and Tuesday from 2:0 pm or 4:00 pm until 11:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 am until 7:30 pm (with some days extending until 9:00 pm).
• Monday and Tuesday: from 2:30 pm or 4:00 pm until 11:00 pm
• Saturday and Sunday: from 11:30 am until 7:30 pm, with some days extending until 9:00 pm
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
• Ensure operating standards and employee performance is maintained at a high and consistent level in order to foster a culture of exceptional customer service.
• Build capacity within the team by acting as a mentor to strengthen employees’ judgement, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills.
• Be knowledgeable on all aspects of the facility including membership types, fitness centre, aquatics, arena, registered and drop-in programs, as well as facility bookings.
• Build strong relationships and actively engage members/guests, employees, volunteers, tenants and partners to better understand their needs.
• Assist with hiring, onboarding, employee orientations and training including but not limited to soft skills, systems, policy, and processes.
• Assist with ongoing training, ensuring employees understand critical operational updates and business priorities.
• Assist with scheduling of Guest Services Team.
• Ensure clear internal communication within the Guest Services team about key updates including sales promotions, current program offerings and any changes in processes or policies for seamless and coordinated business operations.
• Be a knowledgeable and proficient user of the Avocado software system. Escalate and seek resolution for system issues with Avocado and communicate solutions to the team.
• Lead and support Guest Services employees through all daily processes and required transactions including drop-in, POS sales, membership sales, program registration, rental payments, customer account inquiries, etc.
• Act as a role model of teamwork, resilience and initiative.
• In collaboration with the Guest Services Manager, be accountable for the development, progress and evaluation of work-plans and performance targets for the team.
• Inspire the team and hold them accountable for achieving established goals and targets through regular coaching, follow-up, and feedback.
• Employ sound troubleshooting, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Investigate, resolve and report customer issues. Escalate customer concerns to the appropriate Managers when necessary.
• Keep the leadership team informed of significant opportunities and issues that impact the achievement of organizational goals.
• Reinforce the organization’s vision values, purpose, strategic priorities results/outcomes in all dealings with customers and staff across the organization.
• Be a positive ambassador for Vivo and facilitating a safe, respectful and inclusive space for people to enjoy. Contribute to a safe working environment by modeling and enforcing all Vivo Health and Safety requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge and participate in performing emergency response procedures for the facility as required..
• Manage security guidelines and policies including leading and following up on investigations
• Ensure accident and incident report forms are completed and follow up as required.
• Collect and log all forms pertaining, but not limited to: witness statements, thefts.
• Contact and liaise with Calgary Police Service and other emergency officials during situations.
• Support the review of CCTV footage and complete applicable forms for Calgary Police Service regarding incidents and occurrences.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of experience in a recreation or public sector facility.
• 2+ years in a leadership role.
• 2+ years of experience in a customer service role.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Preference may be given to candidates with additional training and certifications in leadership, conflict resolution, dealing with difficult customers.
• Organizational and leadership skills
• Problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills
• A valid police information check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 3 months
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED Level C certifications
Apply here: https://easyapply.co/a/97dde3f2-1af8-4a35-9837-5c23a5b96a5e
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.