Home Job Board Fitness Attendant
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: March 31, 2023
Closing Date: April 13, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. We strive to offer the best aquatic experience, including the best lessons, safest swims, and cleanest facilities. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time Fitness Center Attendant for our Wellness Services department.
About this Opportunity:
The Fitness Center Attendant reports directly to the Wellness Services Coordinator. This position provides professional customer service by offering a welcoming environment to assist patrons of the Leduc Recreation Center’s Fitness Center. The Fitness Center Attendant will also aid in monitoring patrons to ensure the proper and safe use of all equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Be knowledgeable regarding proper equipment usage and educate patrons on safe use
• Assist with equipment checks and preventative maintenance
• Spend time interacting with members on the fitness floor and make efforts to build positive relationships
• Be present at the fitness center desk to provide wristbands to members, identify Matinee members and check for expired memberships
• Be familiar with the group fitness class schedule and be able to provide assistance to participants
• Willing and able to assist members with their exercise programs and with meeting their fitness goals
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• High School Diploma is required
• Personal training or group fitness certification through CanFitPro, CSEP or AFLCA is considered an asset
• Standard First Aid is required
• Minimum three ( 3) months experience working in a recreation or fitness facility preferably in a municipal and/or customer service experience
• Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on April 13, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.