Home Job Board Facility Supervisor, Multi Purpose Agricultural Facility (The Pointe-aux-Pins)
Posted Date: October 18, 2023
Closing Date: November 5, 2023
The Facility Supervisor directs all aspects of facility operations for the Pointe-aux-Pins Acres (Multi Purpose Agricultural Facility) and Site. This includes managing and leading a strong operational service-oriented team, over-seeing expense and revenue budgets, delivering a wide range of services within the facility, as well as maintaining the building and outdoor amenities and its specialized equipment to ensure continuous operation for guests and staff.
The name Pointe-aux-Pins Acres, or The Pointe, anchors the new amenity in community heritage and highlights a destination where residents from across Strathcona County can enjoy agricultural, community and social events. This brand new, 103,000 square foot facility is located 15 minutes east of Sherwood Park, on a 230-acre parcel of land surrounding the Bremner Heritage Site. Scheduled to open in the Fall of 2025, the Pointe’s design meets a wide variety of facility uses and includes key elements such as arena space, animal housing, animal wash bay and concrete floors throughout. The Pointe has the capacity to host year-round regional-sized events.
The Facility Supervisor is integral in ensuring the multi facets of services available are sustainable in delivery for the residents of Strathcona County. With its strategic tie-ins to the County’s Agriculture Master Plan, the Pointe will shine as a destination where people from across the county, and beyond, can enjoy agricultural education and history, community and social events. The Pointe amplifies strong connections to the County’s Recreation and Culture Strategy’s focus on meeting community needs, environmental stewardship, inclusion and building overall capacity.
– Lead the operations, health and safety, event management and guest service strategies for the Multi-Purpose Agricultural Facility during construction and through to operation of the facility
– Provide excellent guest service through planning, anticipation and response to guest expectations
– Develop and manage a diverse operational team through recruitment, mentoring, training and guidance
– Develop and implement training programs for the technical aspect of the position: Guest services, County core values, high quality guest experience and operational excellence
– Coordinate, develop, and control the facility budget
– Prepare contracts and book specifications for user groups in the facility and/or on the site, negotiate and administer contracts for janitorial and maintenance services as part of the overall service delivery to our users
– Generate revenue opportunities through programming, rentals, leases, service agreements, advertising and spontaneous use
– Ensure facility is maintained and operates within the provincial and national standards for health, safety and operating guidelines
– Develop operating and utilization guidelines to identify priorities for facility use and capitalize on efficiencies
– Maximize user group opportunities and optimize multi-purpose activities during non-peak agricultural events
– Assist with creating and implementing the marketing plan for the facility and site activities
– Ensure the development and delivery of high-quality guest experience that encourages repeat use of the facility and site
Skills and Abilities
– Excellent interpersonal, supervision and leadership skills combined with judgement, discretion and a strong work ethic
– Effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
– Strong knowledge and understanding of event management and the agriculture sector
– Ability to collaborate with diverse groups and to influence outcomes
– Strong strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
– Effective time management and decision-making ability
– Knowledge of municipal government organization and administration, OHS legislation, and agriculture/recreation operations
– Ability to build strong and positive relationships with community groups and organizations
– Knowledge of and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety
– Degree in Recreation, Agriculture, Business or related discipline and minimum 3-5 years related field experience or a diploma in Recreation, Agriculture, Event Management or related discipline and 7-9 years related experience
– Previous leadership and supervisory experience is required
– Previous facility operations and/or event management experience is required, agriculture specific experience would be an asset
– Certificate in Municipal Management and Leadership is considered an asset
– Class 5 power engineering or equivalent is considered an asset
– Standard First Aid and W.H.M.I.S.
– Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Code and willingness to take Strathcona County required OHS training such as; Hazard Assessments, Incident Reporting and Investigation, Fire Extinguisher Training, etc.
– High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required
Conditions of Employment
Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.