Home Job Board Facility Operations Supervisor
Posted Date: February 2, 2023
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
|Contact||Town of Morinville|
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a permanent full-time Facility Operations Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the
Manager, Community Services, this position is responsible to provide strategic and operational leadership to the maintenance,
operational, custodial, and technical activities relating to the Morinville Leisure Centre and Morinville Community Cultural Centre
while supporting these functions at Infrastructure Services and Town Hall. The incumbent is expected to have technical
knowledge and expertise in a wide range of disciplines including arena and venue operations, recreation, events, the ability to
problem solve, and strong decisions making skills based on budget, safety, project planning and service delivery. This position
supervises union and non-union employees, as well as contractors, year-round and is considered a key operations position within
our Community Services Team.
• Participate in hiring and development of new employees, performance reviews, performance management, scheduling, time entry review, and overtime authorization.
• Provide leadership and supervision of union & non-union employees, competency development, training, and conflict resolution.
• Prepare and develop a training plan to improve employee capabilities.
• Manage contracts and service agreements with service providers to maximize operational and financial performance of arena and buildings.
• Create reports, proposals, and prepare annual work plans and coordinate short-term work objectives with the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
• Ensure operational spending stays within annual budgets. Review, monitor, and approve expenditures and report on variances.
• Ensure compliance with the Town’s health and safety program and other regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for oversight, follow up, and documenting of all facility incidents, accidents, and safety non-compliance.
• Develop a multi-year plan to support acquiring, maintaining, and addressing deteriorating assets.
• Provide recommendations for the annual budget preparation.
• Provide regular updates to the Manager, Community Services on budget tracking, emergencies, and operational challenges.
• Post-Secondary education in Recreation Facility Management or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a related supervisory role in an Arena/Recreation Facility environment or equivalent.
• Class 5 Drivers Licence is required.
• Alberta Level 1 Arena Operator Certification is required. Alberta Level 2 Arena Operator Certification is considered an asset.
• Valid First Aid & CPR Level C Certification is considered an asset.
• Previous experience with the coordination and technical aspects of shows and events.
• Previous experience in overseeing unionized staff, including hiring, staff scheduling, training, coaching, and evaluating.
• Previous experience with an Emergency Management System is an asset.
• Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office programs are required.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract as a condition of employment.
Compensation/Hours of Work: Annual salary range of $76,900 to $91,823/annum (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2023 at 12:00pm (noon)
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter quoting “Comp # 202305-FSO” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.