Home Job Board Facility Attendant
|Town of Three Hills
Posted Date: May 29, 2023
Closing Date: June 30, 2023
|Town of Three Hills
The Town of Three Hills is seeking a dynamic individual to join the Parks, Recreation, and Facilities team. To succeed, you will be expected to have a positive attitude, be versatile in your knowledge and skills, and enjoy working with the public.
The Facility Attendant is to ensure town Parks, and Facilities are inspected and maintained for public safety. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing high-quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Olympia operations, and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspections and documentation, seasonal start-up and shutdown of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support, and building repairs. Due to the changing needs of each season and the wide range of responsibilities, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and well-honed mechanical, and building repair expertise are required. This position involves a rotating shift operation covering seven days per week based on program and operational requirements. Full-time hours are 80 hours within a two-week pay period.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12 High School diploma or equivalent
• One or more years in a similar position is a definite asset
• Successful completion of a building maintenance program or equivalent
• One or more of the following certifications from AARFP or equivalent are considered an asset:
o Arena Operator Level 1 or 2, Parks, Sports Fields Operator Level 1 or 2, and Custodial Care
• Arena Maintenance – Olympia certificate is an asset
• Be self-motivated and able to deal effectively with the public
• Ability to effectively operate computer/programs as required
• WHMIS and First Aid/CPR training, or willingness to obtain
• Be willing to continue training to improve job performance and aptitudes
• An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled
• Must be physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
• Minimum of a valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License
This position is within the CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Salary range is $24.62 to $28.80 per hour.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal-opportunity employer, and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume demonstrating how your excellent skills match our list of qualifications and requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Facility Attendant” in the subject line. Please see https://www.threehills.ca/p/
The successful candidate will require a current driver’s abstract and Police Information Check upon acceptance of the position.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.