Home Job Board Coordinator, Fitness – (2001)
|City of Whitehorse||
Posted Date: November 3, 2023
Closing Date: November 15, 2023
|Contact||City of Whitehorse|
Job posting closes: November 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (Yukon Standard Time)
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
The incumbent provides professional and administrative support in developing, coordinating, delivering and evaluating fitness programs, activities and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Coordinate, research, plan, develop, schedule, deliver, implement, promote, organize and evaluate a variety of diversified fitness programs and services.
– Promote the benefits of fitness, special events, services and facilities utilizing various marketing strategies (website, publications, etc.).
– Provide guidance, orientation, coordination and scheduling to fitness program instructors, leaders, support workers, volunteers and staff as required.
– Liaise and collaborate with interest groups including marketing initiatives, availability of space, equipment, materials, instructors, volunteers, support workers, etc.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with various stakeholders.
– Perform administrative duties including conducting research, compiling statistics and preparing reports.
– Respond to or refer public inquiries, distribute information and provide customer service activities.
– Assess community needs for program development and administration.
– Participate in “Service Leader” roster.
– Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
– Other related duties.
– This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Recreation & Sports
– Majority of work is performed in a public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Exposure to inclement weather and temperature extremes when performing outdoor fitness duties. Hours of work between 05:00 and 12:00 AM, Sunday to Saturday. Evening and weekend work is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
– Completion Grade 12
– 3 years progressive experience including 6 months at a supervisory level and 6 months on the job training.
– Fitness Theory and Leadership.
– Group Fitness.
– Weight training.
– Standard First Aid and CPR to level C.
– Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS).
– RCMP Vulnerable Sector check.
– Recreation software experience is an asset.
– Good organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
– Good written and oral communication skills to develop communication materials.
– Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
– Class 5 Drivers’ License.
– An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
– Vehicle, first aid equipment and general office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to ERP system, recreation bookings, spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, PowerPoint, etc.
– Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City’s online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.