Home Job Board Community Services Coordinator
|Red Deer County||
Posted Date: November 8, 2023
Closing Date: November 17, 2023
|Contact||Red Deer County|
Located in the heart of Central Alberta, Red Deer County provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. Over 97% of County residents report high satisfaction with their quality of life, making Red Deer County a great destination for both living and working.
Red Deer County is a great place to work! It is much more than just a job to go to. It is a place where everyone plays an important role. At Red Deer County, we believe that mutual trust and respect, shared responsibility, and open communication are essential characteristics for creating personal success within a first-class working environment. We’d love to have you onboard!
Red Deer County is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Community Service Coordinator to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of customer service excellence.
Reporting to the Community Services Manager, this supervisory position is tasked with duties including, but not limited to, the supervision of the Community Navigators; and is responsible in supporting the development, coordination, monitoring, and continuous improvement of community services, programs, and strategy within the department.
Additional duties of the Community Services Coordinator position include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide leadership and strategy development to the Community Navigators to facilitate a coordinated approach to service delivery of both FCSS and recreation services.
2. Oversee the development and coordination of community development programs and projects.
3. Direct the development of processes, including needs assessments, service gap identification, strategy implementation, and networking.
4. Direct the development of community organizations and neighborhood services initiatives.
5. Provide leadership and strategy to community partnerships and organizations to facilitate a coordinated approach to service delivery.
6. Oversee the development of policy and processes for the recreation and FCSS programs.
7. Educate and guide community organizations and partners in community development and facility processes, including needs assessments, service gap identification, strategy implementation, and networking.
8. Participate in networking and facilitate partnerships with subject matter experts and service providers.
9. Support negotiations, contracts, and agreements with services providers and partners.
10. Undertake program evaluation and reporting, including financial report for the FCSS Grant Program.
11. Under the guidance of the Community Services Manager, prepare the annual Operations and Capital budget for FCSS and recreation programs.
12. Provide assistance to the Community Services Manager in relation to special projects, including studies and community consultation in the areas of transit services, heritage management, library services, cemetery and recreation facility development.
13. Prepare reports for the Community Services Manager as required.
14. Understand and adhere to the policies, principles and practices of OH&S legislation, and the County’s requirements, as these obligations pertain to this role.
15. Undertakes other tasks, projects and responsibilities as required within the scope of the position as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma related to community development, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Five (5) years related experience, particularly with community-based agencies.
• A combination of acceptable academic achievement and related work experience may be considered.
• Must have or be willing to acquire extensive knowledge of the community, various government ministries, and funding agencies.
• Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent customer service focus with the ability to deal with the public, volunteer boards, and Council, with a proven ability record of flexibility, initiative, independence, organizational skills, and report writing.
• Self-starter who has the capability to work independently with the ability to learn and adapt to changing conditions within a deadline-oriented environment.
• High degree of accuracy in word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) as well as data-entry experience is essential; has demonstrated experience with presentation software such as MS PowerPoint or other.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license, with acceptable driver’s abstract.
• Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check.
• Experience in a local government environment is considered an asset.
This is a permanent, full-time position (35 hrs/week). Red Deer County is proud to be a competitive employer offering opportunities for professional development, competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits, with a focus on wellness and hours that support a superior work-life balance.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.