Home Job Board Community Services Coordinator (FCSS & Recreation)
|Town of Redwater||
Posted Date: February 3, 2023
Closing Date: February 15, 2023
|Contact||Town of Redwater|
The Town of Redwater is situated just 35 minutes northeast of Edmonton and borders the Alberta Industrial Heartland, this community is poised for significant growth. Redwater offers great recreation, culture, education, and health care to the area residents. Visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
Reporting to the Community Services Supervisor and working alongside the Community Services Assistant, the Community Services Coordinator is part of a dynamic team and will be responsible for developing and delivering community programs and events, providing administrative support, and supporting residents with social development and information and referral services. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, plan, and deliver health, recreation, sport, wellness, educational, fitness, and social programs and events in the community for a variety of ages and abilities.
• Develop, plan, and deliver information and referral, programs, workshops, and events as they pertain to Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) mandate.
• Providing administrative and customer support to Community Services/FCSS department.
• Recruit and coordinate community volunteers to support events, programs, or other department activities.
• Supervision of the Summer Programs Coordinator, and related summer/temporary staff.
• Minimum 3 years of experience preferable in Community Services, Human Services, Recreation, or related field.
• Knowledge of municipal operations, volunteer management, event and program management, community development, recreation, and/or FCSS.
• Post-Secondary education or training in Human Services or Recreation Administration would be an asset.
• Must have a valid class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License.
• Must have valid First Aid and CPR or be willing to complete certification.
• Previous program delivery experience and related certifications an asset. Examples:
o Fitness classes with AFLCA or Fitness Alberta Group Fitness Certification or equivalent.
o Babysitter & Home Alone courses with Red Cross or Safety Council facilitator training.
o HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development and Quest 2 an asset.
• Criminal Record Check is required.
A detailed position description is available on our website: https://www.redwater.ca/p/
The Town of Redwater provides an excellent salary and benefit package. Salary range for this position is based on level of education and experience.
Apply Before: February 15, 2023.
Please forward a cover letter and resumé to:
Jennifer Edworthy, Community Services Supervisor
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Ph: (780)942-4101 Fax: (780)942-4415
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.