Home Job Board Camp Leaders (x5)
|Town of Morinville
Posted Date: January 19, 2024
Closing Date: January 29, 2024
|Town of Morinville
Temporary Full Time (5 positions)
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking 5 (five) temporary full-time Camp Leaders to assist in the development and delivery of various Family & Community Support Service (FCSS) programs offered throughout the community. Our FCSS Summer Camp programs will include a variety of activities tailored for children aged 6 to 12. Additionally, our Morinville Youth Loft (M.Y. Loft) Summer program is designed to provide mentorship and supervision of youth aged 13 to 17.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of summer camp programs for children aged 6-12 years old.
• Foster connections, provide mentorship, and oversee the supervision of children and youth participants.
• Facilitate day camp programs as directed by the Camp Coordinator.
• Provide supervision and mentorship to Leaders in Training.
• Promote programs effectively to engage the community and attract participants.
• Implement programs in accordance with the Family and Community Support Service Association of Alberta guidelines and policies.
• Conduct program evaluations and surveys to ensure programs are meeting the intended outcomes.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
• Attend staff meetings and provide weekly reports to the Camp Coordinator.
• Other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma is required.
• Preference will be given to candidates with partial or completed post-secondary education in Human Services, Education, or a related field.
• Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate is required.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
• High Five training is an asset.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant program and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility:
• applicants must be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (foreign students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Compensation/Hours of Work: $17.00 -$19.00 per hour. The term of these positions will be from June 24, 2024, through August 30, 2024, based upon operational requirements. Hours of work are based on a 35-hour work week.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 29, 2024, by 12pm (noon)
Submit resume and cover letter quoting “Comp # 202403-CL” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: http://www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.