Home Job Board Aquatic Supervisor
|Town of Banff||
Posted Date: October 31, 2023
Closing Date: November 13, 2023
|Contact||Town of Banff|
As an avid aquatic professional, you transfer that passion into the development and delivery of a wide range of aquatic programs including public swimming, swim lessons and aquatic fitness that provide opportunities to further healthy lifestyles and personal well-being for residents of Banff. You are responsible and motivated individual that can successfully lead an aquatics team. You are committed to maintaining community partnerships that enhance public aquatic programs for residents and visitors to the Banff community.
Core duties & certifications of the Aquatic Supervisor/Instructor are:
– Planning and delivery of aquatics programs that meet the needs of Banff residents.
– Recruiting, training, scheduling and supervising aquatic staff, instructors and volunteers.
– Customer service which may include admissions and registration for aquatic programs. Administering aquatic programs within procedural and financial guidelines, by managing the program budget, program equipment and statistical collection and reporting.
– Maintaining memberships, requirements and relationships with relevant organizations including, Alberta Health Services, the Alberta and Yukon Lifesaving Society and the Banff Centre.
– Possession of Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard (NL – Pool), Swim for Life Instructor and Lifesaving Society First Aid & O2 Administration (or equivalent).
– Lifesaving Instructor, Swim Instructor, First Aid Instructor & National Lifeguard Instructor Training certifications preferred.
Working safely is a condition of employment at the Town of Banff. As part of our internal responsibility system, all employees are accountable for adhering to Occupational Health and Safety legislation and Town of Banff safety protocols. The Town of Banff’s safety culture philosophy is one of continuous improvement, so we look forward to your suggestions to make our workplace even safer.
For your safety and the safety of others, you will be required to demonstrate (in writing from an authorized Health Services site) that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (2 doses) as of your hire date.
“Taking care of Banff: our Community, our People, our Park.”
To apply please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter, no later than November 13, 2023 at 12:00 pm to:
Mail: Town of Banff, Box 1260, Banff, AB, T1L 1A1
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.