Home Job Board Administrative Clerk II
|Town of Three Hills
Posted Date: August 4, 2023
Closing Date: August 28, 2023
|Town of Three Hills
The Community Services Department is seeking a motivated, resourceful, and dynamic individual to join our team. As an Administrative Clerk, you are efficient, outgoing, and comfortable dealing with the public. You enjoy juggling multiple tasks and you believe work should be fun. You’re ready to join our team and play an important role in contributing to our shared success within the community.
This is a Full-Time position requiring seven and a half (7.5) hours per day, and thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hours per week.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the preferred candidate will possess:
• Perform duties, including but not limited to processing development permits and bylaw complaints, communications, facility bookings, public events planning and promotions, records management, and minute taking
• The ability to effectively communicate while dealing with the public, coworkers, and other departments within a hectic and sometimes critical environment of public complaints and emotional situations
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively in a team environment
• Must be prepared to continue the learning process and show an aptitude to personally enhance skills
• May be required to provide backup for Reception
• May be directed to perform specific duties daily and/or occasionally perform tasks or work projects
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate
• Proven experience as an administrative clerk that included considerable public contact and customer service. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Experience using software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams and the ability to learn and adapt to new and emerging software(s) as business needs require
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in handling data and records
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
• Discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
This position is within the CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Salary range is $23.81 to $27.48 per hour.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are a dedicated and reliable individual looking to contribute to a thriving organization, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for the position of Administrative Clerk II, please send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you believe you would be a great fit for our team. Email your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Admin Clerk II” in the subject line. A current driver’s abstract and Police Information Check will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of the position.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
This posting will close on Monday, August 28, 2023, at 11:59 pm.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.