Home Job Board Summer Camp Leader
|Town of Morinville
Posted Date: March 6, 2023
Closing Date: March 17, 2023
Summer Camp Leaders
Temporary Full Time (4 positions)
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking 4 (four) temporary full-time Summer Camp Leaders to assist in the development and delivery of various Family & Community Support Service programs offered throughout the community with a focus on summer camps. Our programs will include a variety of activities for children aged 6-12.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of summer camp programs for children aged 6-12 years old.
• Provide supervision to Leaders in Training volunteers during the summer programs.
• Ensure the program is implemented in accordance with the FCSSAA guidelines and expectations.
• Confirm resources and supplies are ready for the start of the program.
• Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe, clean environment and adhere to Health and Safety Standards.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and provide weekly reports to the Camp Coordinator.
• Ensure youth have accurate information to program information and upcoming events/programs
• Other related duties as required.
• Attending high school or post-secondary education in Human Services, Education, or related field.
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Previous experience working with children in a program setting an asset.
• Valid First Aid and CPR/AED Certificate is required.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check including and Drivers Abstract.
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant program and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility:
• applicants must be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (foreign students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Compensation/Hours of Work: $17.00 -$19.00 per hour. The term of these summer positions will be June 26, 2023, through September 1, 2023. Hours of work are based on a 35-hour work week.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202309-SCL” to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.