Home Job Board Program Coordinator
|City of Spruce Grove||
Posted Date: March 14, 2023
Closing Date: March 19, 2023
|Contact||The City of Spruce Grove|
This position plans, coordinates, and implements City offered quality programs and events within a number of Program Portfolios (e.g. Camps, Youth, Arts & Culture, Drama, Sport) for various community recreation, culture needs and interests, by preparing lesson plans, schedules, securing contractors and supplies within provided budgets. Through the planning, training and supervision of program leaders, and, where necessary, direct leadership of programs, the incumbent facilitates and provides positive experiences for a variety of ages and abilities, while demonstrating high standards of supervision, professional interaction, and prioritizes safety and integration of creativity. Grounded in the application of corporate and professional policies and frameworks, this position integrates key principles and standards in their program delivery such as, but not limited to, High 5, Developmental Assets Framework, Fundamental Movement Skills, Creative Youth Development, and Playwork Principles. This position reports to the Recreation/Culture Program & Event Specialist position and provides day-to-day supervision to program leaders, assistants and volunteers.
Program Administration and Management
• Organize program logistics including daily activities, crafts, games, field trips, program inventory and staff apparel.
• Establish a weekly schedule to complete all tasks and paperwork associated to the program including regular communication to participants/customers.
• Ensure all necessary supplies and equipment is prepared for daily activities and events.
• Remain informed of all upcoming activities and events and ensure that staff are prepared for them.
• Ensure that considerations have been made in the event that a “back up plan” is required for any necessary situation.
• Maintain ongoing communication with the Supervisor in addition to weekly meetings.
• Maintain good public relations all program participants, parents/guardians and stakeholders.
• Finalizes program plans and prepares all required supplies, equipment, forms and where required confirms special guests and field trip contacts.
• Provides high-quality, programs that meet identified program outcomes, standards and requirements.
• Creates and fosters a safe, welcoming environment for all participants, their parents/guardians and other contributors.
• Ensure leadership aligns with the City’s strategic and corporate plans as well as values and guiding principles.
• Provide a high level of coaching, training, and mentoring to the Program Leaders and other related staff in the achievement of their goals and projects.
• Provide the leadership to ensure the efficient and effective ongoing operation of the programs and services provided by the Department as well as continual enhancements to the programs and their processes.
• Receive and investigate complaints or concerns relative to the delivery of Department services and ensure appropriate information is provided or appropriate action taken.
• Respond to customer concerns and complaints using tact and understanding, re-directing to appropriate supervisor.
– Enrollment in post-secondary institution in a related field with completion of the first year.
– Minimum of one (1) year experience supervising staff.
– Minimum of one (1) year directly related experience in leading recreation, sport, arts, culture, youth or related educational programs.
– Minimum of two (2) years experience in a child/youth related role.
Requires First Aid Certification
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.sprucegrove.org/careers
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.