Home Job Board Landscape Maintenance Worker
|City of Calgary||
Posted Date: March 21, 2023
Closing Date: April 10, 2023
|Contact||Northstar Residents Association Ltd.|
The Northstar Residents Association (NSRA), is a non-profit organization, managed by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed by passionate employees, who act as stewards of the community, maintaining a variety of amenities and features, including the Panorama Hills Community Centre.
The Landscape Maintenance Worker is Full Time Seasonal position. We are looking for a detailed oriented, driven, outgoing and integral part of the Maintenance Team. This role is to perform landscaping and maintenance of park, direct control (DC) sites, amenities, and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with all responsibilities in maintaining of NSRA operations: Community Centre, park, spray park and Direct Controlled (DC) Sites.
• Complete all landscaping tasks: mowing, trimming hedge trimming, tree and shrub pruning, weed control, watering, fertilizing, sod and seeding.
• Be able to operate a variety of equipment to maintain lawns and grounds (i.e. riding mower, push mower, weed trimmer, hedge trimmer, etc.).
• Physical Demands/ Work Environment: • Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, and small engine equipment. • Ability to walk, stand, or crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. • Requires good manual dexterity and excellent stamina. • Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis.• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise.
• Complete daily inspections to ensure safe operations and cleaning outdoor equipment
• Be an Ambassador for the NSRA by communicating effectively and courteously to staff and residents.
• Experience in grounds maintenance, horticulture, gardening and landscaping
• Able to work independently and as part of the team.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Successful completion of a criminal record check
• Preference will be given to candidates with clean drivers abstract with Insurance letter
Employment Term: April 3 to October 31, 2023
Hours: 40 hours per week Shift 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Rate: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour.
How to Apply
If you think you have what it takes to be an energetic, outgoing Landscape Maintenance Worker at the Panorama Hills Community Centre, please send us your resume and cover letter. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 4:00PM, March 31, 2023.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.