Home Job Board Facility Technician
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: April 26, 2023
Closing Date: May 8, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer, and as such is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this may be the opportunity for you. We are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time Facility Technician for our facility operations department.
About this opportunity:
The Facility Technician reports to the Manager of Facility and Property Services. This position is responsible for installing, preventative maintenance, and repairing all mechanical and architectural components, fixtures, and equipment within the City of Leduc facilities to provide safe, comfortable, and fully functioning buildings for staff and the public. This position is also responsible for record-keeping and data entry associated with facility maintenance, coordinating contracted services, sourcing suppliers, and ordering parts and/or equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure equipment is in good working order and operating safely in compliance with any pertinent safety or building codes
• Transporting furniture and equipment within buildings from one worksite to another
• Modify facilities configuration for special events as required
• Repair any items assigned in service requests in a timely manner
• Installation, preventative maintenance and repair of all mechanical and architectural components, fixtures and equipment
• Record work completed and cost associated with service requests in the Asset Planner system
• Issuing purchase orders and submitted all receipts and invoices
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of three years of experience working in building maintenance or building mechanical; experience with recreation facilities is preferred
• A Class 5 driver’s license, with no more than 6 demerits
• Aerial work platform operator ticket, fall arrest and restraint certification and Standard First Aid and WHMIS training are assets
• Building maintenance 1 and 2 certificates are an asset but must be obtained within the first 18 months of employment
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, evenings and weekends and participate in the on-call rotation as required
• Basic computer skills
• Must be willing to provide a current, clear Criminal Records Check at your own expense
• The successful candidate must be willing to obtain and maintain a RCMP Enhanced Level Security Clearance
• Available to work the shift of Wednesday through Sunday with Monday and Tuesday as days off
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on May 8, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.