Home Job Board Daycamp Coordinator
|Town of Slave Lake
Posted Date: February 12, 2024
Closing Date: February 23, 2024
|Town of Slave Lake
The Town of Slave Lake is looking for an enthusiastic individual to be our Daycamp Coordinator for the upcoming 2024 Summer Splash program. This position is temporary for the 2024 season.
This is a seasonal position (May to August), working under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Daycamp Coordinator coordinates and supports summer programming for ages 5-12 yrs. including our Summer Splash Day camp program and our Playground program. These programs run onsite at our Multi Rec Centre, in our community parks and off-site on out trips.
EMPLOYEES THAT REPORT DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To program and implement activities for the weekly sessions.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff, supervisors, program participants, parents and the general public.
• Establish and maintain a professional, respectful, fun relationship with children while maintaining a position of authority
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in written communication with co-workers, children, parents and supervisors including listening and giving directions
• Market Summer Splash to Schools and/or community groups
• Ensure safety standards and established procedures are being followed
• Provide support to the Community Services Department as required
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Some post secondary in Recreation, Education, Child Care or related field.
• Current First Aid/CPR
• Experience in developing, promoting, and leading recreation programs and program staff and experience leading and supervising children age 5-12 years is preferred.
• Water safety/Life guarding experience an asset.
• Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s License
• Good written/verbal communications, interpersonal and public relations skills.
• Sound understanding of provincial and municipal law.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer and keyboarding skills such as Microsoft Word
• Sound knowledge of recreational programming and enthusiasm and enjoyment in working with children and youth
• Ability to work independently or with a team
• Knowledge and experience in staff supervision and motivation
Note: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities required for this position but gives a general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
• Work indoors and outdoors. Will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
• Occasional light lifting.
• Long periods of sitting.
• Use of computer and telephone.
• Normal working day consists of a maximum of 8 hours; however, occasional extended hours may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. A cover letter clearly indicating the position title, accompanied by an up-to-date resume is required.
2. Shortlisted candidates will undergo a skills and personality assessment test.
3. The successful candidate will be required to provide professional references and an acceptable criminal record check.
Send your cover letter and resume (ensuring to include the job title in your email subject heading) to:
Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
Applications will be accepted until Friday February 23rd 2024 at 4:30PM MST. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, because of the volume of applications, we will contact only those under consideration. We will review all applications carefully to determine which candidates’ qualifications and experience closely match our requirements.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.