Home Job Board Arena/Parks Operator
|Town Of Innisfail||
Posted Date: May 24, 2023
Closing Date: June 19, 2023
|Contact||Town of Innisfail|
As Arena/Parks Operator for the Town, you will spend the winter months operating the Innisfail Twin Arena and the summer months working in Operations performing seasonal work, including lawn and gardening duties and other general maintenance work. Your focus on attention to detail, safety and providing an excellent customer service experience throughout your work is key to your success.
Your Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain arena ice surface by operating the resurfacing, edging and other equipment required to flood, shave, measure and maintain ice surface in optimal condition.
• Maintain the arena building and complete custodial cleaning as required.
• Ensure all documentation related to building, equipment and ice operations is updated.
• Complete snow and ice removal of arena area including sidewalks, parking, and pathways.
• Perform janitorial work including using floor machine, cleaning showers and washrooms, and ensuring high standards of cleanliness at entrances, lobbies, and all public areas.
• Be available for user groups by remaining on premises, in public view and monitor facility cell phone to provide contact for all safety, security and facility customer requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of events and programs including setting up and taking down of equipment, putting up event signage and blocking parking lot as required.
• Working primarily outdoors, maintain the Town’s seasonal areas including grass cutting, pruning trees and shrubs, weed control, flower bed planting and watering throughout the season.
• Provide oversight to summer student teams to ensure completion of duties.
• Perform general maintenance and repairs.
• High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
• At least one year’s experience working in a municipal setting
• Live within a 20-minute radius of Innisfail to meet on-call schedule for arena alarm response
• Ability to perform physical work that involves bending, standing, and lifting
• Mechanical aptitude with experience using hand tools, ice maintenance and lawn equipment
• Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
• Air brake endorsement and advanced licenses are an asset
• RFP Arena Operator Level 1, Building Maintenance level 1 and First Aid & CPR are considered assets for success in this role
This is a full time position. The arena work requires a variable schedule including evenings and weekends and on-call rotations. Summer Operations follows a Monday to Friday schedule that may include some overtime.
How to Apply
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 19, 2023 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Angèle Mullins, HR Consultant
Thank you for your application and interest in the Town of Innisfail. Please note you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview for this position.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.