Home Job Board Aquatics Instructor 2
|City of St. Albert
Posted Date: January 8, 2024
Closing Date: March 1, 2024
|City of St. Albert
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The Recreation Bookings & Programs Team is recruiting for a number of Aquatic Instructors (Level 2) to work at Fountain Park Recreation Centre and Servus Credit Union Place.
Aquatic Instructor (Level 2) responsibilities include:
• Delivering exceptional customer service and cultivating a positive experience for all participants.
• Organizing, cleaning, and setting up equipment at your designated area, as well as ensuring that all program supplies and equipment are readily available.
• Develop and deliver program content tailored to participants with diverse abilities, including creating lesson plans, making modifications, and providing instructional materials specific to the program.
• Maintain a safe and tidy environment and keep a record of participant performance while distributing program evaluations.
$21.57 – $26.22 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
HOURS OF WORK
• Instructors are needed to fill a variety of shifts and must be available to work a flexible schedule.
• Shifts are mainly weekdays 4-8pm and weekends 9am-1pm. There may be some weekday shifts between 9am and 3pm available.
• Instructors must work a minimum of 8 hours a week.
• Swim Instructor/Examiner from The Lifesaving Society
• Any additional aquatic experience and training is certainly considered an asset.
• Preference will be given to candidates that have teaching experience and those who hold one or more of the following: Lifesaving Instructor, Basic First Aid (BFA), Intermediate First Aid (IFA), Dive Instructor, Canoe Instructor, National Lifeguard (NL), Lifesaving Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC), Oxygen Administration (02), JLC Coach and/or Swim Coach Certification
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Open until filled.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.