Home Job Board Aquatic Fitness Instructors
|City of Airdrie||
Posted Date: March 30, 2023
Closing Date: April 17, 2023
|Contact||City of Airdrie|
As one of the fastest growing cities in Alberta, the City of Airdrie is a recognized leader in building a vibrant and sustainable community through innovation.
At the City of Airdrie, incredible opportunities happen every day in a flexible work environment that is tailored to each department. Our inclusive culture and values create a workplace where we welcome aspiring, driven and creative individuals to help us accomplish our business and community goals. We are supportive of one another, and we have fun while we serve our community. We are passionate about improving the lives of our residents through care and respect; that is the foundation of our organization. At the City of Airdrie, we learn, grow and accomplish great things together.
If you have a passion for building a better community and are ready to join the excitement, we’d love to hear from you!
As an Aquatic fitness instructor, you help to enhance the quality of life of Airdrie residents by purposefully creating memorable experiences, lasting relationships and classes that are developed in alignment with Fitness Alberta standards for Aquatic fitness exercise professionals.
• Deliver high quality aquatic group fitness classes to our participants using safe, effective and fun exercises and engaging music
• Motivate and inspire confidence to participants
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Current AFLCA or equivalent certifications in Aquatic Exercise and/or Group Exercise (upload copies of certification with online application)
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR C and AED required (upload copies of certification with online application)
• Past experience and demonstrated skills teaching group fitness techniques required
• Possess additional AFLCA certifications or equivalent in specialties such as; TRX, Cycling, Portable Equipment, Resistance, Pre & Post Natal, Step, Zumba and Choreography would be considered assets (upload copies of certification with online application)
• Proven background in providing exceptional customer service
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Mature and reliable
Competitive compensation and the following benefits:
• EAP (employee assistance program)
• annual adult Genesis Place pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This competition is for part time (casual) Aquatic Fitness Group Instructors for evening and weekend classes. Day time classes may be available from time to time.
Candidates with both Aquatic Exercise and Group Exercise certifications will be given priority.
Please include a cover letter as a means of introduction.
Be sure to attach copies of certifications you possess with your application.
Qualified candidates may be interviewed and hired prior to the posted closing date.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.