Home Job Board Wellness Coordinator
|City of Fort St. John (BC)||
Posted Date: July 27, 2023
Closing Date: August 14, 2023
|Contact||City of Fort St. John|
Wellness Coordinator (Permanent – Full Time Time Position)
Fort St. John, BC
Why Recreation Excellence? Recreation Excellence is Serious about FUN! We strive to assist in the development of happy, healthy, responsible individuals and families. Our team takes pride in our core values, which include: helping to provide safe services in safe environments, helping individuals appreciate their innate worth, to care about others, and to experience the joy of learning. We have the freedom and flexibility to try new things, create new programs, and come up with innovative solutions and ideas. While providing opportunities for professional development and additional certifications, this energetic management team works hard to create a FUN, upbeat working environment! Recreation Excellence provides opportunities for advancement, learning and certifications, and even staff recruiting incentives!
We are looking for an enthusiastic certified fitness professional who is honest, hard-working and is Serious about Fun!
An out of the box thinker, who loves travel and adventure with the flexibility of a two (2) week IN and two (2) week OUT is the perfect fit for this Recreation Excellence Wellness Coordinator Position. Under the direction of the Owner, the Wellness Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of health, wellness and nutrition programs for the camp residents of Two Rivers (just outside of Fort St. John, BC. They will also instruct fitness, strength and conditioning classes and oversee the cardio and weight rooms. Social programs and nutrition plans are also key responsibilities for this position. The right candidate will possess the beliefs of our 7 Unifying Principles; genuine respect, absolute trustworthiness, collaborative teamwork, open and transparent communication, perpetual growth, earnest reverence and joyful humour and goodwill.
If you have the right certifications, enjoy adventure with a good paying position,
and love having extended time off every two weeks, you should APPLY NOW!
Duties could include but are not limited to:
– Model behaviour as outlined in Organization’s 7 Unifying Principals
– Genuine respect, absolute trustworthiness, collaborative teamwork, open and transparent communication, perpetual growth, earnest reverence and joyful humour and goodwill.
– Oversee use of the weight room and training areas.
– Provide personal training and nutrition plans with the use of the company’s software applications.
– Programming and instructing fitness classes, candidates are expected to hold recognized fitness instructor certifications.
– Ability to secure, schedule and oversee contract fitness and social programs, with instructors from the local Fort St. John community that may assist.
– Program, lead and participate in gymnasium and social events, including basketball, volleyball, pickle ball, soccer, pool, darts, movie and theme nights.
– Be warm, welcoming and approachable, taking a genuine interest in people, to encourage and promote wellness with healthy social activities.
– Conduct surveys and research to determine interests and current trends for new programming opportunities.
– Maintain a positive and proactive relationships with the client.
– Work in collaboration with Recreation Excellence Ownership and Senior Leadership
– This position is scheduled for 14 days ON-site and 14 days OFF-site, with flexible split shifts.
– Perform all other related duties as required
– One of the following Group Fitness Certifications: BCRPA, AFLCA, CanFitPro, YMCA or equivalent
– One of the following Personal Training Certifications: BCRPA, AFLCA, CanFitPro, CSEP-PT, ACE-CPT, NASM, NCSF, CPTN-CPT, ISSA or equivalent
– Standard First Aid with CPR-C & AED
– Certification in Nutrition
Additional certifications that may be an asset:
– Indoor Cycling
– High Five or equivalent
– NCCP Coaching
A strong compensation package exists:
– Wage Range is $58,000- $65,000/year (dependent on qualifications and experience)
– Rotating schedule (14 days ON-site then 14 days OFF-site)
– Accommodations Supplied (no need to have an apartment, live on-site for FREE)
– Meal Program Supplied (no need to buy groceries as the meal program is available all day for FREE)
– Transportation Supplied (flight to site for day 1 and then flight home after day 14 for FREE)
The successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable Persons search prior to commencing work and must maintain a clean Criminal Record to remain on staff.
To be truly successful applicants MUST be able and willing to work shift work, work flexible split shifts and live on site.
To apply email twatson@recreationexcellence.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.