Home Job Board Team Lead – Sport and Recreation
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: September 14, 2023
Closing Date: September 20, 2023
|Contact||City of Beaumont|
Are you passionate about enhancing and promoting recreation, sport, and wellness services to your community? Do you want to be part of a forward-thinking team, supporting the vision of a growing and vibrant Beaumont? If you answered yes, then this position is for you! Beaumont is the fastest growing community in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, and we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and personable individual who wants to make a difference in our community and enjoys working with nonprofit groups, sport user groups, schools and the community as our Team Lead, Recreation!
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation the Team Lead Recreation is responsible for the overall supervision, coordination and execution of programming This role will promote program opportunities, respond to guests and community needs as well as provide resources and supports to guests and staff. Your role will be to elevate and showcase recreation, sport, and fitness within the community. This will involve your skillful ability to establish and nurture partnerships with vital stakeholders, such as non-profit organizations, sport user groups, and schools. By leveraging these connections, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing our offerings and making a lasting positive impact on the well-being and enjoyment of our community members.
What YOU’RE Responsible for:
– Provide supervision and leadership in directing the overall delivery of recreation programs and services through research, on-going evaluation & budget administration
– Develop, implement, administer and evaluate a wide variety of inclusive programs and service activities for seniors, adults, youth, children and families
– Monitor and respond to recreation programming, ensuring program quality, and member satisfaction
– Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs and services by overseeing the work conducted by employees and contractors
– Stay abreast of new innovations and trends within recreation
– Oversee the review and publication of the seasonal program Activity Guides, as well as marketing of programs
– Recruit, provide on-boarding support, train supervise and evaluate employees and contracted instructors
– Serve as the lead for recreation software programs, ensuring efficient operation and utilization of software tools.
– Collaborate with internal departments to coordinate resources and support for successful program execution.
– Represent Beaumont at community events, meetings, and conferences to promote our services and foster community engagement.
– Other duties as assigned
What YOU Bring:
– Diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Community Development, or closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– A minimum of 3 years of recreation or program related experience combined with one year’s previous supervisory experience
– Excellent communication and customer services skills
– Strong background in recreation, fitness and or sport
– Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate
– Strong computer proficiency with Office 365 and registration/recreation software (experience with IntelliLeisure software program is an asset)
– Strong organizational skills and understanding of risk management
– Working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety
– Ability to work occasional evening and weekends
What WE Offer:
– A salary range of $67,249.00 – $87,724.00 per annum (based on experience and qualifications)
– Employer paid Health and Dental benefits package
– Health Wellness and Learning Spending Account
– Membership to the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre
– Enrolment in Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
3- 5-hour work week (some evening and weekend work may be required)
– And an amazing team to work with!!
– If you meet these qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by 9:00AM September 20, 2023.
The City of Beaumont is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. This means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Any persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
Information For Applicants:
Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, education verification, and a criminal record check.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.