Home Job Board Team Lead – Guest Services
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: November 16, 2023
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
Are you passionate about enhancing and promoting recreation, sport, and wellness services to your community? Do you want to be part of a forward-thinking team, supporting the vision of a growing and vibrant Beaumont? If you answered yes, then this position is for you! Beaumont is the fastest growing community in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, and we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and personable individual who wants to make a difference in our community!
Reporting to the Manager, as Team Lead, Guest Services, you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of our Guest Services team. You will work closely with team members to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction, address any concerns or inquiries promptly, and maintain a positive and efficient working environment. This role requires exceptional leadership skills, a strong customer-centric approach, and the ability to lead by example.
What YOU’RE Responsible for:
• Support, supervise, and train new staff standards of excellence, setting clear expectations
• Ensures that ethical and professional services are delivered all while creating a valued customer experience
• Manage the recreation software system, Intelli and ensure it is accurately configured and maintained
• Create and lead Intelli procedures, best practices and makes recommendations to management regarding upgrades, review processes, and changes.
• Assist in creating and managing facility annual budgets, ensuring delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Coach and council staff, assisting in identifying and resolving problems to optimize team culture and employee morale, while motivating staff to ensure smooth service delivery and support across recreation services
• Manage direct reports including workflows, resource allocations, and performance management
• Lead team in adapting to innovative work environments and ensures awareness on department initiatives, decisions, policies, and communicates in an honest and transparent way
• Responsible for upholding the Occupational Health and Safety Act and ensuring that staff are working in a way that keeps them healthy
• Other duties as assigned
What YOU Bring:
• Diploma in Office Administration, Recreation and Culture, or closely related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Four years’ experience in guest or customer services
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory position
• Strong computer proficiency with Office 365 and registration/recreation software (experience with IntelliLeisure software program is an asset)
• Ability to carry out work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Risk Management and Occupational Health and Safety practices
• Familiarity with Employment Standards, Codes and Regulations.
• Strong proven leadership managing a team of professionals to deliver high quality outcomes in a dynamic and sometimes sensitive environment
• Municipal government and/or recreation experience preferred
• Strong background in recreation, fitness and or sport is an asset
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate
• Ability to work occasional evening and weekends
What WE Offer:
• A salary range of $67,249.00 – $87,724.00 per annum (based on experience and qualifications)
• Employer paid Health and Dental benefits package
• Health Wellness and Learning Spending Account
• Membership to the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre
• Enrolment in Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
• 35-hour work week (some evening and weekend work may be required)
• And an amazing team to work with!!
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by 9:00AM December 1, 2023.
The City of Beaumont is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. This means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Any persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
Information For Applicants:
• Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
• We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
• Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, education verification, and a criminal record check.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.