Home Job Board Supervisor, Rural Facilities
Posted Date: May 24, 2023
Closing Date: June 24, 2023
|Contact||Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo|
The Rural Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision and delivery of facility operations at the Anzac Recreation Centre Presented by CNOOC and the Conklin Multiplex. The supervisor plays a pivotal role in the quality of life of the members & guests and ensures the facility’s usage is maximized to its fullest potential. They will work towards creating partnership opportunities within the community, industry and the facility to excel the quality of services available to the rural communities.
• Ensure customer experience is kept at an exceptional level at all times, while promoting the organizations Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Establishes and maintains a cooperative/collaborative working relationship with other departments within the RRC through positive actions and communication.
• Responsible for the daily supervision, leadership, tasking assignment, and scheduling of all staff.
• Liaising with members, guests, user groups, Group/Corporate Partners& other key stakeholders.
• Participate and conduct regular staff meetings and update all departments on new programs, classes, clinics, camps and events.
• Work with Programmer to ensure a variety of programming for all ages and various interest groups are planned and implemented.
• Stays abreast of community’s needs for the facility.
• Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations and assist with budget projections and monitor expenditures while achieving maximum levels of service to our guests, user groups, and staff.
• Assist with and implement membership, program, and events sales strategies both internally and externally to Corporate & Group Clients.
• Make recommendations on equipment purchases and identify cost cutting solutions within the facility.
• Track inventory, supplies, and develop maintenance schedules and service cycles as per equipment guidelines.
• Assist Manager, Guest Services with daily operations of the Facility to include the development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling and payroll submissions.
• Identify staff training needs and conduct orientations as necessary. Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
• Responsible for hiring, interviewing, and evaluating staff in accordance with HR policies.
• Responsible for the daily supervision, leadership, task assigning, and scheduling of all staff and contractors.
• Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
• Be available for employees that experience work problems providing appropriate coaching, direction and resolution and Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy. Prepare warnings and communicate effectively with employees on warnings and make effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
• Monitor interactions of staff with members & guests to ensure quality control. Give direction and make recommendations as necessary, while promoting customer service values within the department.
• Ensure safety of staff, members, and guests through championing the organization Safety Program, and Safety culture.
• Maintain and work with multiple booking software’s including but not limited to recreation software, purchasing software, ticketing software, point of sale (POS) software.
• Work with the Manager, Guest Services on sales and events for the facility.
• All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience
• High School or GED Equivalency.
• Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in related field.
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or equivalent (including CPR C).
• Three (3) years related customer service experience and training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Two (2) years in a leadership position.
• Experience liaising with user groups.
• Experience in risk management.
• Proven leadership experience and strong supervisory skills.
• Experience with booking software, Point of Sale (POS) software, or ticketing software would be an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong understanding of Fitness.
• Strong understanding of Rural Communities and Indigenous Relations.
• Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently. Ability to develop and foster partnerships with external clients.
• Ability to participate in department meetings, provide updates, and liaise with programming staff.
• Ability to successfully evaluate program successes and failures and staff job performance.
• Possess strong coordination and time management.
• Ability to coordinate the activities of staff to complete assigned tasks.
• Exceptional leadership skills, ability to coach, train and guide staff.
• The ability to think quickly and respond to service recoveries and concerns in a timely, and creative manner.
• Exceptional written and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both members, guests, and employees.
• Strong organizational skills and proficiency in computers.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and handle multiple projects at a time.
• Proficiency with computers (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
• Ability to engage in continuous learning and on the job training.
• This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Required
• Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check
• This position requires a flexible schedule including statutory holidays, early morning, late night, and weekend work.
• This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• This position may be exposed to loud noises and will require an individual to be able to concentrate in a busy environment.
• This position requires sitting or standing at a desk for an extended period of time, working for extended periods on a computer, talking on the telephone, standing, walking, kneeling, stoop/bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping and repetitive motion.
• Constant positive interaction with employees, patrons, stakeholders, user groups and the public is required
To apply: Please visit our website at http://rrcwb.ca/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.