Home Job Board Supervisor, Guest Services
Posted Date: December 4, 2023
Closing Date: December 23, 2023
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision and day-to-day operation of the Guest Services Department. The Supervisor ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are being followed by staff, members, and guests while displaying organization values, and customer experience. This position plays a pivotal role in the quality of the organization’s customer experience, service levels, and daily operations. The three main areas of accountability include customer experience, staff management, and stakeholder relations.
• Responsible for the daily supervision, leadership, tasking assignment, and scheduling of all staff.
• Ensure customer experience is kept at an exceptional level at all times while promoting the organization’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Liaising with members, guests, and Group/Corporate Partners.
• Assist with and implement membership sales strategies both internally and externally while working with the Supervisor, Reservations & Group Memberships
• Assist with budget projections and monitor expenditures while achieving maximum levels of services to members, guests, and staff.
• Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external members & guests, while evaluating processes and procedures.
• Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member, as well as maintain documentation regarding employee performance.
• Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns Monitor interactions of Guest Services Representatives with members & guests to ensure quality control. Give direction and make recommendations as necessary, while promoting customer service values within the department.
• Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy. Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs. Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain a high-quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
• Maintain inventory, tracking, ordering, and sales of items in the department.
• Maintain and work with multiple booking software including but not limited to recreation software, purchasing software, ticketing software, and point of sale (POS) software.
• Establishes and maintains a cooperative/collaborative working relationship with other departments and Rural Facilities within the RRC through positive actions and communication.
• Ensure safety of staff, members, and guests by championing the organization’s Safety Program, and Safety culture.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Post-secondary diploma or Degree in a related field.
• Current Intermediate First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or equivalent (including CPR C).
• Three (3) related customer service experience and training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Two (2) years in a leadership position.
• Experience liaising with user groups
• Experience in risk management.
• Experience with booking software, point of sale (POS) software, or ticketing software is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both members, guests, and employees with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to develop and foster partnerships with external clients.
• Ability to participate in department meetings, provide updates, and liaise with programming staff.
• Ability to successfully evaluate program successes and failures and staff job performance.
• Possess strong coordination and time management skills.
• Ability to coordinate staff activities, and provide support, vision, and direction to complete assigned tasks.
• Exceptional leadership skills, ability to coach, train, and guide staff.
• The ability to think quickly and respond to service recoveries and concerns in a timely, and creative manner.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and handle multiple projects at a time.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to engage in continuous learning and on-the-job training.
This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Required
Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector check
• This position requires full-time work and a flexible schedule including statutory holidays, early morning, late night, and weekend work.
• This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• This position requires sitting or standing at a desk for an extended period of time, working for extended periods on a computer, talking on the telephone, standing, walking, kneeling, stooping/bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, pinching, gripping, and repetitive motion. Moderate physical activity is required.
• This position demands frequent use of sensory activities such as talking, seeing, hearing, depth perception, and color vision
• Constant, positive interaction with employees, supervisors, patrons, and the public is required;
• This position involves periods of high mental and/or emotional stress.
All employees are responsible and accountable for Regional Recreation Corporation’s health and safety policy. All employees at every level should be familiar with the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation as it relates to their work processes.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.