Home Job Board Summer Programs Leader and Assistant
|Town of Gibbons||
Posted Date: February 10, 2023
Closing Date: March 26, 2023
The Summer Programs Leader and Assistant are responsible for planning, implementing, supervising, and evaluating recreational and educational opportunities for children ages 5-12 years old.
• Plan and implement quality programs, including sports, crafts, games, and educational opportunities for children ages 5-12 years
• Communicate efficiently with various groups such as: children, youth, parent/guardian, town staff, partners, residents, and the surrounding community
• Work alongside other summer program staff and town staff to solve problems, share resources, and coordinate tasks.
• Participate in team building environment and responding to program inquiries and concerns
• Assist with the planning and implementation of Gibbons Canada Day Celebrations, Gibbons Pioneer Days Events, Gibbons Community in Bloom/Community Gardens, and other local special events for children and families.
• Market Gibbons Summer Programs through various means of communication; newsletters, social media, presentations, & word of mouth.
• Use digital tools and applications to organize information and communicate information like statistics and reports to supervisors
• Responsible for participant’s safety; on the bus, on field trips, and during all other activities.
• Maintain a proper inventory of program supplies, materials, and equipment
• Volunteer Coordination
• Plan & implement the “Fostering Leadership in Youth” program to hire, train and evaluate youth volunteers
• Follow all health and safety procedures as directed at all levels of government (municipal, provincial, and federal)
• Evaluate all summer programs identifying areas of success and areas for improvement and make recommendations for the following year
• Grade 12 Diploma by the end of June 2023
• Class 5 drivers license
• Completion or enrolment in a post secondary education program such as Recreation, Education, or in an applicable diploma/degree program would be considered an asset
• Standard First Aid, and CPR Level C or the willingness to obtain
• High 5 Principles of Healthy Child Development certificate would be considered an asset
Full-Time Seasonal position: 37.5 hours a week / Start Date: End of May. Apply with both a Resume and a Cover Letter, clearly stating which job(s) you are applying for
Applicants must be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Program funded by the Government of Canada. Eligibility requirements include: must be between 15-30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period and legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.