Home Job Board Sport & Recreation Facilities Supervisor
Posted Date: February 2, 2023
Closing Date: February 7, 2023
|Contact||The City of Grande Prairie|
|Address||The City of Grande Prairie|
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Guest Services & Operational Logistics, the Sport & Recreation Facilities Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance, and cleaning of multiple facilities. You will be leading a diverse group of staff. Your team will be comprised of Arena Operators, Custodial Workers, and Logistics Workers, overseeing multiple facilities including Eastlink Centre, Hansen Lincoln Field, Dave Barr Community Centre, and Design Works Centre. You are expected to provide timely and accurate feedback to all the team members for efficient and effective delivery of services.
You will manage facility functions including operations, staff, and technical requirements. You will ensure excellence in ice quality at Dave Barr Community Centre and Design Works Centre. You will work collaboratively with the Corporate Facilities department to ensure all building mechanical functions including ice plants are operating safely, efficiently and cost-effectively. You will establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with Union.
• You manage facility functions including operations, staff, and technical requirements.
• You ensure excellence in ice quality and customer service delivery in professionally run facilities.
• You establish and maintain a positive working relationship with user groups, tenants, food vendors and event promoters.
• You work collaboratively with the Corporate Facilities department to ensure all building mechanical functions including ice plants are operating safely, efficiently and cost-effectively at Eastlink Centre, Dave Barr Community Centre, and Design Works Centre.
• You create a preventative maintenance plan in collaboration with the Corporate Facilities team.
• You ensure venue operations are in accordance with local, provincial, federal regulations.
• You contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of emergency preparedness procedures and crowd management strategies to ensure building security.
• You recruit, hire/terminate, orientate, train, monitor, motivate, supervise, direct and discipline personnel.
• You assist the manager in developing and updating JIQ’s, classifications, duties, responsibilities, and performance standards.
• You support staff in goal setting and performance planning, including learning and development.
• You help staff members with career planning and training plans that reflect succession planning goals.
• You will be on call by cell to troubleshoot problems outside office hours.
• You prepare, monitor, and manage various operational and capital budgets.
• You coordinate and authorize purchase of required operations supplies and equipment.
• You verify and approve invoices for payment, ensuring price and quantity accuracy.
• You assist the manager in the determination of long-term capital planning requirements.
• You contribute to the creation of lifecycle replacement strategies.
Health & Safety and Security:
• You develop, update, and administer policies, operating procedures, and strategies to ensure effective, efficient, and safe operations.
• You ensure ongoing commitment to safety in the workplace.
• You ensure CKC Management team or designate is contacted and made aware in real-time of any incidents requiring RCMP, Enforcement Services or Emergency Medical Services (EMS) involvement.
• You are responsible for protecting the safety of self, co-workers, and the public through identification and reporting of hazardous and potentially dangerous situations.
• You enforce CKC established guidelines & rules for CKC use ensuring a safe and pleasurable experience for all guests.
• You monitor & report misuse, damages, safety hazards and individual guest behaviour concerns.
• You are responsible to maintain suspension, ban and re-entry processes.
• College diploma in the field of sports, recreation, business administration and/or facility management.
• Minimum of five years of Supervisory experience in facility management preferable in a sports facility with ice arenas.
• Knowledge of financial management, negotiations, public relations, and facility maintenance is essential.
• Proven experience in relationship building with multiple stakeholders.
• Proven ability in dealing with difficult customers.
• Experience in computer skills: Microsoft Office, recreation management software.
• Proven prioritization and problem-solving skills.
• Arena Operator Level I
• Arena Operator Level II
• Class 5 Driver’s licence
• Standard First Aid, SPR + AED certification (or willingness to obtain upon hire)
40 hours a week, within the operational facility schedule Monday to Sunday 5:30 am to 2 am. Typical working hours will be Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 60 days of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit a cover letter and resume using the “Apply Now” tab on the following link. City of Grande Prairie – Job Description (startdate.ca)
2. Applications will be reviewed, and short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
• This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
• This posting may be used to fill more than one position.
• This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
Due to the high number of applications we receive per job posting, we cannot answer job-specific questions before the interview. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.